Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: Yearly horoscopes – did you check yours?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

(Ahem) What's your sign? Excuse the cheesy-quasi-pick-up line, but, really, what is your sign? You know, horoscopes, zodiac, alignment of the stars when you were born? Me? I'm a Taurus. And, yes, I admit, I check my horoscope pretty regularly. Do I give a lot of credence to what it says? Not really, but, well, maybe a little..and it is fun, right?

This time of year, the astrologers have put forth a star-inspired road map of the upcoming 12 months. A prediction of what may occur during 2013. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't want to take a peek at that? So, I checked out a few and, for my sign, Taurus, here's what they had to say:

--  I need to "shake off all traces of gloom and keep that positive energy coming."

-- My motto should be: "Steady as I go." And I need to manage "health concerns with whatever goals you're hoping to reach."

-- I should change up how I approach work as I have "put in my dues." They say I will see results if I switch it up. Hmmm...

-- The South node of the moon is big for me this year, as it was mentioned on almost every site I looked at...with eclipses that mean change. Eek. I'm not good with change (true to my sign, eh?).  But, they say if I get "out of the stagnation zone and into new and passionate territory..something infinitely more gratifying is waiting for you on the other side of your current status quo."

I'm supposed to "make a leap" and "let go, let go, let go." I'm told "it's not about doing something reckless but it is about doing something deliciously daring"

These star-experts make my year sound pretty cool, huh? Do you check your horoscopes every day? What does your say for 2013?

©iStockphoto.com/ Marek Uliasz

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Have not :)

SammiBaby
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I haven't but now I'm going to!

I don't check them every day either.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I never read them

AstuteMama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I occasionally check my horoscope. I haven't checked my yearly one so I have no idea what it says.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I didn't know there was a yearly horoscope! Usually the only time I read mine is when I'm in line at a coffee shop... Not too often, in other words.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I don't check mine.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I check mine periodically. I think it's interesting to read at the end of the day to see if it was right or not.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I usually don't check mine. More like if I stumble across one I check it.
fraujones
by Amanda on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I don't. I read them for fun once in awhile. I peaked at your link. 2013 is supposed to be fun for Leo me, with a change in my family. Well, my mom is getting married this year!

keeckhardt
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I don't read them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN