Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Fashion 911 -- Find me a slouchy beanie hat!

Posted by   + Show Post

I've now entered Year 3 of my Eternal Search for it. It being a cool, hip slouchy beanie hat. We've all seen them donned by celebs in those mags in the checkout aisle. With scarfs just so, jeans, boots and that hat. A little baggy on the back of the head, perched askew. They are perfect for chilly city days, not too tight to muss the hair, can almost leave them on all day, inside, outside.

I want one. But I have yet to find one that works on me. During my quest, I've tried on quite a few. This is my year I will find it, I know I will. I won't give up. Okay, yes, I'm now obsessed. I'm channeling my inner Gollum...image me whispering, "My preeeecccccioussss!"

Here are ones I'm going to try next:

This is a  super-cute one from Nordstrom's, with a hint of angora and cashmere. Comes in so many colors...if it works, I can grab a couple more to mix it up. I just fear it may not have enough "slouch" to it.

ASOS has one that definitely looks to have the slouch factor, but am wondering if it may be too small. I like the gray color too. Hmmm....

I like the raw edge on this one and it looks to have the right slouch and is classic black...over at MissKL, but could be too short? Might be a good contender.

I'm not afraid to venture into the men's section to find this hat, my friends. This one on Urban Excess says it is the type worn by David Beckam. And who is cooler than Becks? Right, no one.

Or perhaps I just should not wear a slouchy beanie hat...perhaps the fashion gods are telling me something. Perhaps I need to switch it up all together. Earmuffs from Saks anyone?

Do you like the slouchy hat look? What do you use to keep your ears and head cozy?

©iStockphoto.com/ Michael1959

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
kdgord
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
All my favorite hats except 1 I made myself. I have a basic beanie and a slouchy hat that I made and love and then a brimmed beanie with our local hockey team's logo on it that I also love.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kdgord
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/urban-revival

this is the slouchy hat I made only mine is more a darker teal color

Quoting kdgord:

All my favorite hats except 1 I made myself. I have a basic beanie and a slouchy hat that I made and love and then a brimmed beanie with our local hockey team's logo on it that I also love.
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I love them! I have many and I'm making another one right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I like the first one.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

i wear regular winter hats.. but now I want one of these! lol.. good luck on your scavenger hunt :)

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

they are cute but not on everyone

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Doesn't work for me with my ponytail. I usually wear one of several hats made for me by friends.
Threes.Company
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I do not like those, no.

I prefer those knit headband things that cover your ears... the ones with a knit flower on them...

jerzeetomato
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I struggle with hats.  I have very thick, curly hair so some hats just don't work!

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I wear the headbands that go around your head & cover your ears but is open on top. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)