Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Fashion 911 -- Find me a slouchy beanie hat!

Posted by   + Show Post

I've now entered Year 3 of my Eternal Search for it. It being a cool, hip slouchy beanie hat. We've all seen them donned by celebs in those mags in the checkout aisle. With scarfs just so, jeans, boots and that hat. A little baggy on the back of the head, perched askew. They are perfect for chilly city days, not too tight to muss the hair, can almost leave them on all day, inside, outside.

I want one. But I have yet to find one that works on me. During my quest, I've tried on quite a few. This is my year I will find it, I know I will. I won't give up. Okay, yes, I'm now obsessed. I'm channeling my inner Gollum...image me whispering, "My preeeecccccioussss!"

Here are ones I'm going to try next:

This is a  super-cute one from Nordstrom's, with a hint of angora and cashmere. Comes in so many colors...if it works, I can grab a couple more to mix it up. I just fear it may not have enough "slouch" to it.

ASOS has one that definitely looks to have the slouch factor, but am wondering if it may be too small. I like the gray color too. Hmmm....

I like the raw edge on this one and it looks to have the right slouch and is classic black...over at MissKL, but could be too short? Might be a good contender.

I'm not afraid to venture into the men's section to find this hat, my friends. This one on Urban Excess says it is the type worn by David Beckam. And who is cooler than Becks? Right, no one.

Or perhaps I just should not wear a slouchy beanie hat...perhaps the fashion gods are telling me something. Perhaps I need to switch it up all together. Earmuffs from Saks anyone?

Do you like the slouchy hat look? What do you use to keep your ears and head cozy?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Michael1959

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM

No, not a fan of the slouchy hats. I use a hoodie to keep my head and ears covered. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

the hat i got hubby for christmas is pretty much like that.  the kids & i make fun of him calling him "papi smurf".  i have a couple of cute knit hats (one my husband's friends wife made me) that i wear, but they aren't "smurflike".

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Quoting wandep:

Doesn't get that cold in Florida to justify buying one. lol

This

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I like the first one, and I do wear earmuffs this time of year when walking the beach in the morning. It's so windy.

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM

LOVE the leopard earmuffs. The first hat is cute.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I like the headband-type fleece bands. I have long hair so my ears are covered by my hair. I only wear them if we will be spending a lot of time outside.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

The first one is really cute!

bether89
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I like the slouchy hat look.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I like them but can't wear them :)
When I walk in the winter I wear ear muffs that look dorky :)

AstuteMama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I personally don't wear the slouchy hats, but my nephew does and he seems to like the look. I wear a regular beanie hats that fits on my whole head and covers my ears. But if you like the slouchy hat look then I say happy hunting and I hope that you find the perfect hat to your liking and style.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)