Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not medicating a fever

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 15 Replies
My little guy has a fever all he's felt like doing is sleeping today. Do u usually just let a fever run or do u give something?
I'mgoing to let it do its job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Depends on the severity of the fever. If it's 101 and under, I give natural remedies like egg whites on the feet and let it run it's course. If It's over 101, I give willow bark tea, if that doesn't work, aspirin.

NoahsCoolMama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

If my child seems miserable, than I give him Tylenol.

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM

depends how high the fever is.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Quoting LucyHarper:

Depends on the severity of the fever. If it's 101 and under, I give natural remedies like egg whites on the feet and let it run it's course. If It's over 101, I give willow bark tea, if that doesn't work, aspirin.

egg whites on the feet? I've never heard of that. How does that work?

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting LucyHarper:

You put egg whites on their feet and put socks over it, it has some sort of reaction and brings their fever down. I'm not sure exactly how the medical science works, but it certainly works well.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Same here

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting LucyHarper:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting LucyHarper:

You put egg whites on their feet and put socks over it, it has some sort of reaction and brings their fever down. I'm not sure exactly how the medical science works, but it certainly works well.

Interesting! 

sugareemommee
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
My son has febrile seizures so I medicate at 101.

If they're running and playing and acting normal I let the fever do its job.

Your guy seems like he's not feeling well so if it was mine I'd give some Motrin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM

depends on the fever. my son has had a febrile seizure in the past, so now fevers scare me with him. if his gets to 101 I medicate.

with my daughter I usually just go with how she is acting. If she seems ok, I'll let it do it's job. If she's miserable, I'll medicate.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM

101 and over I medicate.  My kids tend to spike fevers and vomit in their sleep.  I won't risk them aspirating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)