Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know anything about them? I knew nothing about them and still really don't, my sister told me about them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
wandep
by Pam on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

no sorry

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Good luck...
Lindalou907
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

All I know is that it's next to impossible to get a loan on a HUD foreclosed house, because they won't let you in to do repairs before the close of escrow. So frustrating. If they are as difficult to get a loan from I'd give up now.

Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I used to, but not anymore.  Sorry I can't help!

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

you have to have an agent first getting one is another issue because so many homes are in forclosure people who do have the money are buying with cash and we all know the bank loves cash! the more cash you have the better, try not to low ball the bank it will only turn them off.

Quoting kirstensmommie:

How do I go about seeing if I can even get one? Is it hard finding a house they'll aprove of?

Quoting Gabbysmom615:

yes i mean what do you want to know

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM

oh also try not to ask the bank for money to fix this and that because they already have to give in to a cheaper purchase price then what the home may be worth in the first place

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

sorry no

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

true.  they are not hard to get but the houses that hud takes over are either in bad neighborhoods, a little run down or have to be checked for asbestos and lead (specially lead)... but its a great idea to go look into it.. because to many its a way to get a great deal :)

Quoting keeckhardt:

They aren't hard to get (credit/financially) from my experience. The hard part is making sure the house you are buying meets the HUD requirements. Our first house was bought with a HUD loan when DH and I were in college and newlyweds. The house didn't have enough insulation and had an unsealed deck.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

go to http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD  and check it out :)

Quoting Gabbysmom615:

you have to have an agent first getting one is another issue because so many homes are in forclosure people who do have the money are buying with cash and we all know the bank loves cash! the more cash you have the better, try not to low ball the bank it will only turn them off.

Quoting kirstensmommie:

How do I go about seeing if I can even get one? Is it hard finding a house they'll aprove of?

Quoting Gabbysmom615:

yes i mean what do you want to know

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
kirstensmommie
by Joy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Thanks everyone!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)