Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soo excited...yet feeling guilty...

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 31 Replies

Okay ladies...

Things on the home front are insanely difficult. Financially we are facing loosing our only car and having to find a smaller new place to live.

Well our financial struggles started in the middle of October. DH and I didnt even get anything for each other for our Wedding Anniversary on Halloween, we didnt get anything for Christmas, and now our 13 year Anniversary and my 31st Birthday are in Feb.

So....knowing that I am not getting anything for my birthday...and my cigarret case wallet just broke and I can almost not use it anymore. I splurged and ordered a new one for myself for $14.

I got to pick the image I wanted on it and everything. I am so excited, but I feel extremely guilty.

Do you think I should cancel my order or keep it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCG83
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep it. You deserve it. I get that way too, but it's not like you spent hundreds of dollars. It was $14 measly dollars one time. I know it's hard not to think of where else you could have spent that money, but it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference anyways. Unless your children are not having their basic needs met, don't even think about it enjoy your gift to yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AstuteMama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep it if I was you. You deserve to splurged every once in awhile. And $14 isn't really that much money besides you can say it is your early birthday/anniversary present.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Keep it.  It is a functional object in your life and that 14 dollars I do not think will hurt you in long run.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this

i would keep it....it's something small and you need it! Sorry about your situation and i hope it starts looking up soon

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others.  Keep it.  I too have a hard time spending on myself but, you only spent a small amount of money that I doubt would have paid a bill or anything. Enjoy momma and Happy early birthday and anniversary!

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep it. Its something you need and would use
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you deserve to be treated every once in a while. keep it.

mereinhart28
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep it....it's only $14.

navewife
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
We all do that at times....enjoy your treat dont let guilt ruin it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Enjoy your case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN