Do you ever have a day where you turn off everything and just go outside with the kids?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM

DS is nearly 18 & mostly does his own thing, so no, and when he was younger, we didn't have the electronics like we have now.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Just about everyday. Our kids really don't care much for electronics, they'll watch the occasional tv show or something, but most of the time they are actively playing. I've never had to tell them to turn the electronics off.

Jemia
by Shekella on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
No but gonna start when it gets warmer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livn4hevn
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Almost every day is an electronic free day. For my kids anyway. I do a lot of work on my computer so I don't always have the luxury of being electronic-free.

But board games, crafts, chores (there is ALWAYS something to clean!) all the toys they have in the playroom and a plethera of other options keep us from using electronics hardly ever with our children. It's not healthy. They use electronic's (including TV, movies etc) about once a week at MOST. Maybe twice a month on average.

abigailesmommy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

We were doing electronics free saturdays until all the housework was done and we had some great family time. I need to get back to doing that. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM

same here

Quoting ashleymosq:

Yes, but not lately. It has been either too cold or too wet or both.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I don't turn off my phone but I don't answer it much when we are playing either
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, but I don't force it since many of those types of days do themselves.  My children prefer riding bikes, kicking the ball and doing walks and so do my husband and I.  We don't have cable and we're not really a home that likes watching television much, so we don't find it hard to step away from electrical devices.

We also camp a few weeks in the year in a place where there's no way of really running electrical items, it's in the middle of the mountains and nature, we have to even bring our own water.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Yes

lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My kids dont have a lot of electronics. But I quickly noticed a problem since my son won an ipad for his special needs. I had to block all access to anything not speech or OT related for him because he was trying to call it a little tv and it certainly is not! But I think we stopped that problem already and everything will be controlled thats for sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: