Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery Shopping

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 71 Replies

Everyone just loves to grocery shop right? lol. So how do you do it? Do you go by a budget? Shop around for the best deals? Does the grocery store you go to have a weekly sale on different items? 

Depending on how much I have to spend will depend on if I go with a budget. I only go to one store because they have the best sales and prices. The quality of the food is a lot better than other stores here too. Every Wednesday they have a new sales ad that comes out. You can go online and see what they have on sale and see some of the stuff they have in store that has in store coupons. My favorite thing is the meal deals they have. You buy the meat and get a bunch of other stuff for sides for free. Sometimes the meals suck lol, but when they don't, it is an awesome way to get a meal for a good price.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I spend about 1-2 hours going through all the grocery ads and comparing coupons to get the best deals

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I need to do that. I also need to get some coupons printed out too. I used to spend a lot more time making sure I could save as much as possible. Not sure why I stopped. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

I spend about 1-2 hours going through all the grocery ads and comparing coupons to get the best deals

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

We usually go to walmart and Albertsons. We have a budget we like to stick to. I use coupoins, shop sales, price match ect to save money

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I go to Walmart to get the household stuff. I need to get on the sites I used to and print out some coupons. The grocery store I go to always has some in store coupons, but not I really need to work on saving money again.

Quoting othermom:

We usually go to walmart and Albertsons. We have a budget we like to stick to. I use coupoins, shop sales, price match ect to save money

aubsmom09
by Erin on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I get a basket of fruits and veggies from a local co-op and meal plan around what I get. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I buy everything on my list and save about $15-$20 in the budget for things that we grab just bc!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM

That sounds cool. Is it easier to plan meals around fruits and veggies?

Quoting aubsmom09:

I get a basket of fruits and veggies from a local co-op and meal plan around what I get. 

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I have to have a list. It gets bad when I don't.

Quoting Pammi86:

I buy everything on my list and save about $15-$20 in the budget for things that we grab just bc!

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I have a list and a budget. I go to the Commissary and get what I need, I don't really pay attention to sales. Some things on the list I'm vague about like Cereal and I look for the best price on cereal we'll eat. So I go for good prices in that sense, but I'm not going to 3 different stores and spending all day. One store, one stop, get it done, get home.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Yeah I can't do the several different stores thing either. I get household stuff at Walmart though because it is always cheaper than the grocery store I go to. Then I get my groceries and get home as soon as I can, because I hate being out of the house lol.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I have a list and a budget. I go to the Commissary and get what I need, I don't really pay attention to sales. Some things on the list I'm vague about like Cereal and I look for the best price on cereal we'll eat. So I go for good prices in that sense, but I'm not going to 3 different stores and spending all day. One store, one stop, get it done, get home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN