Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everyone just loves to grocery shop right? lol. So how do you do it? Do you go by a budget? Shop around for the best deals? Does the grocery store you go to have a weekly sale on different items? 

Depending on how much I have to spend will depend on if I go with a budget. I only go to one store because they have the best sales and prices. The quality of the food is a lot better than other stores here too. Every Wednesday they have a new sales ad that comes out. You can go online and see what they have on sale and see some of the stuff they have in store that has in store coupons. My favorite thing is the meal deals they have. You buy the meat and get a bunch of other stuff for sides for free. Sometimes the meals suck lol, but when they don't, it is an awesome way to get a meal for a good price.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

i do all my shopping at super walmart. they have lower prices than the rest of the stores around here so i just meal plan what i want to eat and get it. i do buy cheaper cuts of meat though.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I go to one store for the most part.  Their ad comes out on Thursday and I go through it and look for sale items we use and especially sale items that match coupons I have.  I figure the price of each item I'm buying and add it up.  If I have money left in my budget then I will scan a few other store ads.  They may have one or 2 things on sale.  Then once a month with what's left over from each week's budget, I go to Aldis and stock up mostly on canned veggies and tomatoes and some produce. 

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I don't go by a budget. I just go shopping & get what i need/want.  Sometimes i'll save a coupon but i always forget it when i go to the store.

deadlights86
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I kinda buy the same things so I just go. I make a list of what we need and make a menu so I can make sure I get all the ingrediants we need. I work at a grocery store and I already know its cheaper than anywhere else in the area.

lillucky8
by Jen on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I go thru wkly circulars to decide what store to go to. Buy sale items, i check meat departments for items that have a soon sellby date and are marked down, and when chicken goes on sale i buy three or four family packs so i dont have to buy st reg price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I usually get a few things from the Commissary. The rest from my local grocery store!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I have a list and a budget. I go to the Commissary and get what I need, I don't really pay attention to sales. Some things on the list I'm vague about like Cereal and I look for the best price on cereal we'll eat. So I go for good prices in that sense, but I'm not going to 3 different stores and spending all day. One store, one stop, get it done, get home.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I used to get all my shopping done there. But we have a local grocery store that has better prices and better meat, so I started going there for the food. Walmart does have good prices though.

Quoting lyrick24:

i do all my shopping at super walmart. they have lower prices than the rest of the stores around here so i just meal plan what i want to eat and get it. i do buy cheaper cuts of meat though.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Oh that sounds like an awesome plan. I need to get some coupons lol. I used to order them off of one site, but haven't in a while. I also used to print them out, again haven't in a while.

Quoting MamaJane:

I go to one store for the most part.  Their ad comes out on Thursday and I go through it and look for sale items we use and especially sale items that match coupons I have.  I figure the price of each item I'm buying and add it up.  If I have money left in my budget then I will scan a few other store ads.  They may have one or 2 things on sale.  Then once a month with what's left over from each week's budget, I go to Aldis and stock up mostly on canned veggies and tomatoes and some produce. 

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I enjoy going to the grocery store...need to get more organized though..

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM

That is how I have been lately. There for a while though DH was making less, so I had a $50 a week budget. So difficult, but I was able to do it. Now I just go and get what is needed and keep my pantry stocked with everything I think I might need.

Quoting inmybizz:

I don't go by a budget. I just go shopping & get what i need/want.  Sometimes i'll save a coupon but i always forget it when i go to the store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN