Group Home

Everyone just loves to grocery shop right? lol. So how do you do it? Do you go by a budget? Shop around for the best deals? Does the grocery store you go to have a weekly sale on different items? 

Depending on how much I have to spend will depend on if I go with a budget. I only go to one store because they have the best sales and prices. The quality of the food is a lot better than other stores here too. Every Wednesday they have a new sales ad that comes out. You can go online and see what they have on sale and see some of the stuff they have in store that has in store coupons. My favorite thing is the meal deals they have. You buy the meat and get a bunch of other stuff for sides for free. Sometimes the meals suck lol, but when they don't, it is an awesome way to get a meal for a good price.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Yeah I usually always get the same basic stuff too. Only different things I get are things that would be for the meals I have for the week.

Quoting deadlights86:

I kinda buy the same things so I just go. I make a list of what we need and make a menu so I can make sure I get all the ingrediants we need. I work at a grocery store and I already know its cheaper than anywhere else in the area.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I love when the grocery store I go to has chicken on sale. They put other meats on sale sometimes too, but mostly chicken. There are times that I can stock up on some meats because they have it for $1 a lb. I got a huge pork roast for like .88 a lb. I still have half of it in my freezer lol.

Quoting lillucky8:

I go thru wkly circulars to decide what store to go to. Buy sale items, i check meat departments for items that have a soon sellby date and are marked down, and when chicken goes on sale i buy three or four family packs so i dont have to buy st reg price

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I don't lol. Too stressful for me. Only thing I like about it is the getting out of the house lol.

Quoting delanna6two:

I enjoy going to the grocery store...need to get more organized though..

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM

i do a lil of everything i do sales bulk on some things and i have a list

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

For the way I eat, I'd starve if I tried to eat on a budget, lol. My husband and kids dont exactly eat like me, but they don't have a budget either. We just figure out what we want and go get it. For me, it's weekly shopping. Fr them, it's bi~weekly for the most part.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

That is how I do too. 

Quoting Gabbysmom615:

i do a lil of everything i do sales bulk on some things and i have a list

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I used to have a budget of $50 a week for a family of 4 for food and household items. I am so happy I don't anymore though. I do go once a week though. I get what I feel we need or if I am hungry when I go, what I think looks good for when I get home lol. 

Quoting GypsiSky:

For the way I eat, I'd starve if I tried to eat on a budget, lol. My husband and kids dont exactly eat like me, but they don't have a budget either. We just figure out what we want and go get it. For me, it's weekly shopping. Fr them, it's bi~weekly for the most part.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Wow... I'm glad you don't have to do that anymore too. Oh gosh, I don't like shopping when I'm hungry... EVERYTHING looks good then, lol.

Quoting ashleymosq:

I used to have a budget of $50 a week for a family of 4 for food and household items. I am so happy I don't anymore though. I do go once a week though. I get what I feel we need or if I am hungry when I go, what I think looks good for when I get home lol. 

Quoting GypsiSky:

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Today at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM

We do not worry with coupons. Usually the coupons out there are nothing we purchase. :(

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Today at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Is it really worth it? WE never use coupons because they don't have what we purchase.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I spend about 1-2 hours going through all the grocery ads and comparing coupons to get the best deals

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky