Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Gorgeous Coats for Cheap!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you're in the market for a new coat, now is the time to buy. Stores are clearing out their stock of outerwear to make room for warm-weather items, so there are some incredible deals. And if, like me, you live somewhere winters are long, gray and chilly, having a coat that makes you smile every time you put it on is a style must.

Cape coats are a big trend this year. This elegant one from Jacklyn Smith has faux-fur trim and a high collar that would work with dressy clothes even after the trend is long past. (Kmart, $67.99).

Here's another, more casual cape style that hits two other trends: bright colors and belted coats (Zappos, $79.99).

I love the bright color and slim profile of this puffer coat...most down coats look dowdy but this one is really stylish (Victoria's Secret, $74.99).

Skirted coats are huge (and adorable) right now, and the bright blue will stand out amid all the black, brown and red coats (Delia's, $39.99)

If you're not into leopard print (I'm not), stylish, flattering plus-size coats can be tough to find. This pretty purple one has a face-framing collar and nice, flattering cut (Old Navy, $47.99).

Do you have a coat you love? What's it like?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie4910
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Awesome! I'm already stocked up though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

ooh love that cape coat.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I love that cape coat...I have a faux leather one I bought at a goodwill for 7.00 and then a sweater coat my mother in law painted for my husband's grandma (she passed away). I said I thought it was beautiful and my mother in law gave it to me. I treasure that coat..

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I love buying coats this time of year. We are all good though.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I just have a heavy duty ski coat... I tried to buy a more fashionable jacket earlier this winter, but couldn't find one that I liked. I do like the cut of that blue coat, maybe I'll have to start looking again.
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Nice!

MichelleSw
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM

No, it doesn't really get cold enough for a serious coat.... I'm always hot anyways <lol> Only one I like here is the blue!

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I have a fleece coat from Gander Mountain. I really like it. I can't stand bulky coats, they make me feel claustrophobic!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

We dont really need coats in fl

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting lil_mama06:

I love that cape coat...I have a faux leather one I bought at a goodwill for 7.00 and then a sweater coat my mother in law painted for my husband's grandma (she passed away). I said I thought it was beautiful and my mother in law gave it to me. I treasure that coat..

Great deal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)