Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: Movie quotes to use today

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 41 Replies

I love some good quotes. Take a gander at my Pinterest boards and you can see the "Words I Dig" board has almost the most pins. I could wallpaper my apartment in sayings, mantras, quotes from Einstein to e.e. cummings to Anonymous to, yes, Yoda. They goose me up, get me in the right mindset to tackle the world...or at least a birthday party with 34 six-year-olds.

Which makes me wonder what other fabu film sayings I could print up with a cool typographic layout and be inspired by...so I went on a search for movie quotes we can all use to get us in our groove for 2013.

Oh, I found quite a few!

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"Failure is not an option" -- Apollo 13

"Do or do not, there is no try" -- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (oh Yoda, so wise)!

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering -- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Can Yoda get more wisdom in that little body? I think not!)

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us." - Lord of The Rings

"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." - Dead Poets Society

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet." - Fight Club

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." --The Lion King

"Whatever you fear most has no power over you. It is the fear that has the power." -- Men Who Stare at Goats (uttered by the hunky George Clooney)

"That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most." -- Up

Do you have movie quotes you love to live by? Share ones I left off the list!

©iStockphoto.com/ Angelhell

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladyisis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? -What A Girl Wants

I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. - The Notebook

Ladyisis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. - The Notebook

Ladyisis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Some people can't believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first. - Good Will Hunting

Ladyisis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:26 AM

There are some hurts that you never completely get over. And you think that time will diminish their presence and to a degree it does, but it still hurts because well, hurt hurts. - The Story of Us

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Once I went to dinner at my friends new appartment...and I absolutely loved their dinning room...it was contemporary gothic....black and red....and on the main wall...there was a huge framed poster from the movie 300. It read " Tonight we dine in Hell !"

I was in love !

Ladyisis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Ohana means family...family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. - Lilo & Stitch  

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM

You interpret my heart, my nature, as you wish to believe it. In truth, I have no secret longing to be saved from myself.- Onegin

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

You talk of feeling idle and useless. Imagine how that is compounded when one has no hope and no choice of any occupation whatsoever.- Sense and Sensability

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine. We're all lined up, waiting for the crunch of the blade... the rivers of blood are flowing beneath our feet... I've been to hell young man, you've only read about it. - Quills

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Don't be resigned to that. Break out! - Dead Poets Society

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)