Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Love...

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Amy
  • 17 Replies

My brother has his kids every other weekend and this is his weekend!  My older son, Levi, is 5 years old, as is my brother's oldest son, Caleb.  ALL day, I've heard, "when I see Caleb this weekend I'm gonna show/tell/teach him this", "I can't wait to see Caleb", "How many more hours until I can see Caleb, mom?".  It's so great to know that he has such a good friend and that he will have soooo much fun tomorrow :)

Do your kids have any family members close to their age? Have they formed close relationships with them?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie4910
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:24 AM
My daughter and my niece are very close! They are two and there. But ask for each all the time. And even want to talk on the phone at least once a day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amyjane22
by Amy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

That is so cute!  I bet their conversations are really something :)

Quoting Sophie4910:

My daughter and my niece are very close! They are two and there. But ask for each all the time. And even want to talk on the phone at least once a day

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:09 AM

DD has a nephew 2 yrs younger than she.  They used to hang out all the time but we are sick of her being blamed for everything when both the children get into mischief.  She is upset since she is missing his 5th bday party.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Out of all their cousins they are close to one. He is like their older brother and a son to me. (He gave me a mother's day card last year) He was taken and put in foster care when he was 10 years old. And when he was 19 he looked us up and the bonding process began. The other cousins not so much. Things with my inlaws in the past haven't been good, so didn't see a whole lot of my sis in law,mother in law or their great grandma. Working on that now...

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM
That's really cool that they have such a close relationship. My sister and I seemed to war with each other for a while. I had one 6 months before her and then she had 6 months before me. We were both due with in a month of each other once. I m/c that baby and hers was born at 27 weeks and died at 4 mo.

Now that I sombered the post...her kids and mine all have buddies they love. They aren't necessarily the ones closest in age. My other sister has a grown daughter (25) and she's my daughters twin.

Unfortunately they live in Kansas and Texas and we live in Indiana lol not many weekend play dates. We have one cousin that lives here in town. He was born the year in between my older 2. We never see him :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Yes.  My dd is 6 and my neice (bil's daughter from a previous relationship) love hanging out.  My son is 11 months older than my nephew, they are thick as thieves!

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

My kids cousins live in various different states, so they really don't know them. But they (my kids) are very close with each other.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

My oldest son and my nephew are pretty close in age. My 5 year old plays right along with them. They have a lot of fun together and all have similar interests.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM

They have cousins but dont see them too often. They get very excited when the grandbaby comes over.They shower him with love and fight over who gets to hold him

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Several of the cousins are the same age as my younger 2 and they love hanging out together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)