Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an excess of cream cheese. I just made a cheese cake. What else?

What do you do with cream cheese?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (131-140):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM

After being frozen, it only works in recipes where it will be cooked, not in dips and such.

So how did you become the freezer queen? Do you do any double batch cooking or similar cook ahead and freeze meals? I do. I also freeze in season produce for later use.

Quoting MamaJane:

I, the freezer queen, did not know that!

Quoting tyfry7496:

You can freeze it to use later.

Lisha77
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I would love the recipe! I have a lot of cream cheese from Christmas. That is a lot of bagels!!!!!

Quoting MamaJane:

You got me at freezes well lol! I have a pot soup I've done for years and it freezes great. I love pulling a bag out and there's my lunch! So it would be great to make some and use this cream cheese!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting MamaJane:

Oh yum! I might look that up. I love potato soup.

Quoting mrswillie:

Loaded baked potatoe soup

This has bacon and broccoli in it, garnished with chives and shredded cheddar. Oh, and it freezes really well.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

It's good on bagels.

SammiBaby
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Dips, I use them in recipes when cooking, cream cheese frosting for cakes, I'll use it for bagels/crockers.

If you take it and add some pepper jelly over it it's fantastic for spreading on crackers.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I figured. Like shredded cheese will freeze fine but bar cheese will be crumbley.

Self proclaimed ;). I double cook or what I call cat cooking lol. Ill use my huge stock pot and do potato soup or chili or chicken noodle and then freeze in 4 cup portions. I freeze individual things for quick lunches like homemade chicken patties or turkey burgers. Meat balls is a big make ahead thing. Chicken manicotti. Lasagna ill do in individual bags for lunches. I also cook meat I've bought on sale instead of just freezing it raw. Ill have taco meat already cooked and ready. Ill also cook a chicken and save the chicken for casseroles but also save the broth.

Quoting SweetLuci:

After being frozen, it only works in recipes where it will be cooked, not in dips and such.

So how did you become the freezer queen? Do you do any double batch cooking or similar cook ahead and freeze meals? I do. I also freeze in season produce for later use.

Quoting MamaJane:

I, the freezer queen, did not know that!

Quoting tyfry7496:

You can freeze it to use later.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going to do a recipe search for it. And that's exactly why I have so much!

Quoting Lisha77:

I would love the recipe! I have a lot of cream cheese from Christmas. That is a lot of bagels!!!!!

Quoting MamaJane:

You got me at freezes well lol! I have a pot soup I've done for years and it freezes great. I love pulling a bag out and there's my lunch! So it would be great to make some and use this cream cheese!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting mrswillie:

This has bacon and broccoli in it, garnished with chives and shredded cheddar. Oh, and it freezes really well.

Lisha77
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I have been eating bagel after bagel...it's getting to be too much! LOL!

Quoting MamaJane:

I am going to do a recipe search for it. And that's exactly why I have so much!

Quoting Lisha77:

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting mrswillie:

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Cream cheese on celery sticks is good. Its good to make it with cheese and ingredients for a homemade pizza.

aj_mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM

fruit dip equal parts cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Some ppl call it "Better than Sex Dip"

ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Bagels!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)