Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else trying to get healthy?

Posted by   + Show Post

What changes have you made to get healthy and fit?

What are your goals?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We are cutting out a lot of sugars.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I am tryingto eat better and exercise more

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I plan on jumping into after I have my second child in the Spring! Lose this baby weight and then some!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM

We don't eat processed foods, lots of vegetables and fruits. I get a delivery each week of warm-to-table produce from local farms. I'm in florida so that's  year round. No sodas or empty calorie drinks. My mom is 96 and several aunts on both dad & mom's family lived into their 90's, so heredity is on my side. My goal now is to eat more whole grains and fewer processed grains. I love making desserts, but I'm cutting back on sugar, so that's now a sometime thing rather than an always available. I've increased my exercise, and reduced my portion sizes to help lose 20 lbs.

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:53 PM

*raises hand* I actually lost 12 pounds since last year and I have lung issues and overall health issues so I'm trying to get healthy and better.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

One of my biggest things is trying to eat less junk

gemma458
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I've been eating healthy, MUCH less processed food for the family lately. I really want to set a good, healthy example for my kids, today we're also going to do our first kids exercise/yoga video together! They are still little, so my biggest goal is to show them a healthy mommy, and encourage their health too. GL to all!

gemma458
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Good morning! Can I ask why no veggies? I have been trying to make diet improvements, something I'm always working on....: )

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

gemma458
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Let me correct my question,lol. I meant why mostly fruit? Thanks!

Quoting gemma458:

Good morning! Can I ask why no veggies? I have been trying to make diet improvements, something I'm always working on....: )

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I started the GAPS diet on January 1st.  It heals and seals the gut, balances out the gut flora, and teaches you truly healthy eating habits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)