Group Home

Anyone else trying to get healthy?

Posted by   + Show Post

What changes have you made to get healthy and fit?

What are your goals?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We are cutting out a lot of sugars.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I am tryingto eat better and exercise more

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I plan on jumping into after I have my second child in the Spring! Lose this baby weight and then some!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM

We don't eat processed foods, lots of vegetables and fruits. I get a delivery each week of warm-to-table produce from local farms. I'm in florida so that's  year round. No sodas or empty calorie drinks. My mom is 96 and several aunts on both dad & mom's family lived into their 90's, so heredity is on my side. My goal now is to eat more whole grains and fewer processed grains. I love making desserts, but I'm cutting back on sugar, so that's now a sometime thing rather than an always available. I've increased my exercise, and reduced my portion sizes to help lose 20 lbs.

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:53 PM

*raises hand* I actually lost 12 pounds since last year and I have lung issues and overall health issues so I'm trying to get healthy and better.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

One of my biggest things is trying to eat less junk

gemma458
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I've been eating healthy, MUCH less processed food for the family lately. I really want to set a good, healthy example for my kids, today we're also going to do our first kids exercise/yoga video together! They are still little, so my biggest goal is to show them a healthy mommy, and encourage their health too. GL to all!

gemma458
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Good morning! Can I ask why no veggies? I have been trying to make diet improvements, something I'm always working on....: )

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

gemma458
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Let me correct my question,lol. I meant why mostly fruit? Thanks!

Quoting gemma458:

Good morning! Can I ask why no veggies? I have been trying to make diet improvements, something I'm always working on....: )

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I started the GAPS diet on January 1st.  It heals and seals the gut, balances out the gut flora, and teaches you truly healthy eating habits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.