Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else trying to get healthy?

Posted by   + Show Post

What changes have you made to get healthy and fit?

What are your goals?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (51-60):
tayanddyl
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I stopped drinking sodas (again LOL)

EbonySnow
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I'm just doing Rodney Yee's beginning yoga

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting EbonySnow:

I'm eating better and got all the junk out of the house, doing yoga DVDs

Getting the junk out fo the house is key! What are the names of your favorite DVD's? My fave is 30 Day Shred.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting suziejax:

I am.

My goal is to work out at least 3 times a week so far I have done just that all the this past week due to being sick!

feel betterHope you are feeling better soon!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Lots of water anD hubby is cooking better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I'm trying to eat healthy and get more exercise.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I'm trying to eat 90% to 100% raw but I just started and its not easy... I'm hoping I'll get better at it. I'm having a hard time letting go of old habits.

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

The real trick is to be sure you're eating enough (isn't that a fun twist). If you need someone to walk you through it just let me know :) but yes, eat eat eat. You should eat before you feel hungry. Are you coming straight from a regular diet or vegetarianism or vegan?

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

I'm trying to eat 90% to 100% raw but I just started and its not easy... I'm hoping I'll get better at it. I'm having a hard time letting go of old habits.

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Regular diet lol. So its interesting. Dh has been excited about starting to east more raw foods for a couple of weeks, until I got a bunch of raw foods in the house and got rid of a lot of the junk foods like white sugar, flour and the like. I still have some eggs, a little dairy and fish because I didn't want to shock the family. So he has been complaining about nothing to eat even though the fridge its full haha. He's not as excited anymore.

Quoting GypsiSky:

The real trick is to be sure you're eating enough (isn't that a fun twist). If you need someone to walk you through it just let me know :) but yes, eat eat eat. You should eat before you feel hungry. Are you coming straight from a regular diet or vegetarianism or vegan?

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

What's fruitarian?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Lol... Have you done pastas, pizzas, lasagnas and such? It takes time in the kitchen, but you really should eat raw ths way if you want to really stick with it. You can do soooo many things even if you don't have a dehydrator.

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Regular diet lol. So its interesting. Dh has been excited about starting to east more raw foods for a couple of weeks, until I got a bunch of raw foods in the house and got rid of a lot of the junk foods like white sugar, flour and the like. I still have some eggs, a little dairy and fish because I didn't want to shock the family. So he has been complaining about nothing to eat even though the fridge its full haha. He's not as excited anymore.

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

What's fruitarian?

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Is it complicated? I've been a bit nervous to jump into all those recipes. I do have a dehydrator though.

Quoting GypsiSky:

Lol... Have you done pastas, pizzas, lasagnas and such? It takes time in the kitchen, but you really should eat raw ths way if you want to really stick with it. You can do soooo many things even if you don't have a dehydrator.

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

What's fruitarian?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN