Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else trying to get healthy?

Posted by   + Show Post

What changes have you made to get healthy and fit?

What are your goals?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (61-70):
mommajenn4684
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I started zumba and eating healthy. No more soda or junk food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM

No. Why don't you start with an easy spaghetti and "meatball" dish... It's quick and easy. And super yummy!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Is it complicated? I've been a bit nervous to jump into all those recipes. I do have a dehydrator though.

Quoting GypsiSky:

Lol... Have you done pastas, pizzas, lasagnas and such? It takes time in the kitchen, but you really should eat raw ths way if you want to really stick with it. You can do soooo many things even if you don't have a dehydrator.

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Regular diet lol. So its interesting. Dh has been excited about starting to east more raw foods for a couple of weeks, until I got a bunch of raw foods in the house and got rid of a lot of the junk foods like white sugar, flour and the like. I still have some eggs, a little dairy and fish because I didn't want to shock the family. So he has been complaining about nothing to eat even though the fridge its full haha. He's not as excited anymore.

Quoting GypsiSky:

The real trick is to be sure you're eating enough (isn't that a fun twist). If you need someone to walk you through it just let me know :) but yes, eat eat eat. You should eat before you feel hungry. Are you coming straight from a regular diet or vegetarianism or vegan?

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

I'm trying to eat 90% to 100% raw but I just started and its not easy... I'm hoping I'll get better at it. I'm having a hard time letting go of old habits.

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If you have a spiralized, make zucchini noodles after peeling the zucchini. To make the meatballs, grind walnuts and pecans together in the food processor (not too much or you will have Nutbutter). Place in a bowl. Then add diced onions or onion powder, finely chopped sweet red peppers (add green too for pretty colors)Sea salt, blk pepper. Add Braggs liquid aminos if you have. Cumin and Italian seasonings. Mash all together until well combined. Form into meatballs.

To make Marinara sauce~ whole tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, red peppers, olive oil, Italian seasonings, garlic and onion powders. Blend. You can warm in your dehydrator or pour immediately over your "pasta" and "meatballs". If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler. Don't worry about measurements, just adjust according to your personal preference.

Nice Italian dinner. Serve with garlic bread flax crackers and you have a winner!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

I'm trying to eat 90% to 100% raw but I just started and its not easy... I'm hoping I'll get better at it. I'm having a hard time letting go of old habits.

Quoting GypsiSky:

We eat mostly fruits (sweet and savory). About 90% of my day is fruit and 10% for fresh raw greens and avocado. Occasionally, some raw nuts and seeds.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a fruitarian, I jog and do yoga... I'm fit, healthy and I feel great, so really no goals in this area, lol.

What's fruitarian?

amyjane22
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I eat a balanced diet, keep a food & exercise journal, exercise as much as I can.  I lost 50 pounds last year.  If I lose 50 more, I'll be at my goal :)

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Nice! I'll give it a try. Sounds yummy

Quoting GypsiSky:

If you have a spiralized, make zucchini noodles after peeling the zucchini. To make the meatballs, grind walnuts and pecans together in the food processor (not too much or you will have Nutbutter). Place in a bowl. Then add diced onions or onion powder, finely chopped sweet red peppers (add green too for pretty colors)Sea salt, blk pepper. Add Braggs liquid aminos if you have. Cumin and Italian seasonings. Mash all together until well combined. Form into meatballs.

To make Marinara sauce~ whole tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, red peppers, olive oil, Italian seasonings, garlic and onion powders. Blend. You can warm in your dehydrator or pour immediately over your "pasta" and "meatballs". If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler. Don't worry about measurements, just adjust according to your personal preference.

Nice Italian dinner. Serve with garlic bread flax crackers and you have a winner!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

What's fruitarian?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Quoting GypsiSky:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting GypsiSky:

What's fruitarian?

That's amazing that you can create a meatball out of nuts!! i want to try the zucchini noodles. I was just reading about those somewhere else!??!?

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Quoting amyjane22:

I eat a balanced diet, keep a food & exercise journal, exercise as much as I can.  I lost 50 pounds last year.  If I lose 50 more, I'll be at my goal :)

Journaling is so helpful to keep on track. I have also done online fitness journals and that motivated me to plug in my fitness minutes each day. I should really go back to doing that.....

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Quoting amyjane22:

Oh and great job on the weight loss!!! WOW!!!!! Do you have before and  after pics?

you rock

amyjane22
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Journaling is probably the biggest thing that keeps me on track.  I use My fitness pal.  My mother in law and father in law just got an iPad and he asked me to install MFP on their iPad for them.  He's in his late 60's, and I'm seeing on my news feed that he's journaling and staying under his calories daily.  It's so great!  It's never too late to get introduced to new technology or to start a weight loss journey :)

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting amyjane22:

Journaling is so helpful to keep on track. I have also done online fitness journals and that motivated me to plug in my fitness minutes each day. I should really go back to doing that.....

aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Fruit is so expensive!

What is your meal plan? Like what's a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Quoting GypsiSky:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)