Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you seen this before? **updated**

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 57 Replies

hubby picked up a blueray of hotel translyvania today.  well he thought it was the disc.  got it home, opened up the package & there is no actual disk, just a paper disk with a code on it.  i have to go online to vudu.com, enter the code  & the actual disk will then be shipped to our home within 2 weeks.  in the meantime we can watch the movie on vudu (whatever that is, not a site i've heard of). 

i've never seen this before!  it does say on the back of the package (in small print) that no disk is included in the package but we know how good men are at reading labels & such. ;o)  he wanted to take it back but since we've already opened the package i know the store wouldn't take it back.  so looks like we'll have to wait a few weeks to watch a movie we just bought today.  though we can watch it on the computer i have a small laptop & it's hard for all 4 of us to watch a movie on it.

**update**

i went on vudu last night & entered in the code that came in the case.  had to set up an account but it was free.  got a confirmation #, was told to expect the disk by 1/29 & i could watch it instantly on the computer.  also got 10 free movies for registering a new account.  well went to watch hotel translyvania & there was no way to watch it.  said i owned the movie but had no button to watch the movie.  tried the 10 free movies i got & all but one had this message; "There was a problem authenticating your account for movie playback. [#3313].  the one that i could view was in a tiny screen which i could not enlarge.  sent two emails to customer support & got a response back today saying they received my emails & i should receive a response within 24hrs.  definately won't be using this service!

for those that asked hubby got the "movie" at walmart & he was very p.o'd about it.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Um that is weird.

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Wow that is weird. I have never heard of that before.

Rushn311
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM

When I paid for my Walmart layaway I got a free copy of Ice Age christmas and I can watch it on vudu.com as well. We haven't but I didn't know you could purchase movies.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Thats really strange. Did you call the store?

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:49 AM

That's really weird.

I've gotten the paper in the case for a digital copy but I've always gotten the discs too.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Never heard of that, strange.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Never heard of that.That is strange

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I've definitely gotten digital copies, but the disc has always been included. How annoying.

Vudu pops up on our Boxee (a network tv drive like Google tv) all the time, but we never pay to watch anything on there. It looks nice when we use it for trailers, but of course it's on our tv. Do you have an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to the tv?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM
That's weird. I'd be ticked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN