Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little hurt. Edited with more pictures.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 69 Replies

So ladies...I am going to say first and formost I love my husband and I love that he is always honest and straight forward. Most husbands lie about their wives looks...ex: You look great honey, that looks fine, etc. - Mine doesnt do that.

So...today he found some browsing history and realized that I had been looking for a corset. I have always wanted one...and I found some super cheap ones that can be ordered from Hong Kong. I dont have the money to get one now ...even if it is insanely cheap, but I wanted to have one by my birthday on Feb. 11th.

DH said that I should stop looking because girls like me shouldnt wear corsets. He said there are chubby chicks it looks good on, but we are large...and what do I expect?.

I didnt say much back...just that I have always wanted one and I will have one ...one of these days.

I think it kinda hit me a little harder than it should have. I feel hurt...near tears.

Should I just leave it alone...? Should I stop looking for a corset?

for size comparison...I am the one in the blue shirt.

These are the ones I am looking at right now:

The last one is my favorite but its a lot more expensive. Both are steel boned.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
3 moms liked this
If you want a corset, buy yourself a corset. There is a big difference in "honest" and judgemental/offensive. If my husband told me some crap like that, I would probably buy 10 corsets. Not because my feelings were hurt, but to teach him to keep his mouth shut. I am lucky, my husband knows better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I've seen plenty of large girls rock a corset. Get one if it makes you happy! I will say though, be wary of super, super cheap ones. Make sure the boning isn't plastic. Plastic has a tendency to pucker or bow, and that's not flattering. Metal boning is the way to go. 
Btw, I'm a bigger girl too, and I love wearing corsets.  

slw123
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM

If you want one and you have the money to buy one, then get one.  I personally don't know what the appeal is, but if it makes you feel good, then do it.

girlywifey

I am sorry. Definitely get it if you want it. Sometimes husbands don't think before they speak. They are stupid like that.

coupon_ash_back
What a dick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If you want a corset, get one. Life is about making ourselves happy, not other people, so who cares what anyone else thinks as long as YOU are happy in your corset? Even DH, in this case, should take a backseat to your happiness.

susieQ680
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM

hmmm I would not say another word and get one and surprise him with it

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting chinosruca:

If you want a corset, buy yourself a corset. There is a big difference in "honest" and judgemental/offensive. If my husband told me some crap like that, I would probably buy 10 corsets. Not because my feelings were hurt, but to teach him to keep his mouth shut. I am lucky, my husband knows better.

He told me that large people shouldnt get them because...I will be really upset when it tears along the seams or rips. Its true though.

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Quoting Eviesmommy:

I've seen plenty of large girls rock a corset. Get one if it makes you happy! I will say though, be wary of super, super cheap ones. Make sure the boning isn't plastic. Plastic has a tendency to pucker or bow, and that's not flattering. Metal boning is the way to go. 
Btw, I'm a bigger girl too, and I love wearing corsets.  

I wanted steel boning but cant really afford it....do you think plastic will be okay for a corset I will only wear a handful of times a year?

CafeMom Tickers
Leelee1008
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry honey. I am a very large girl, have gained ALOT in the past couple of years, so I know how it feels to have someone say something that isnt supposed to hurt, but hurt. I think if you want to buy one, then go for it. and then strut around him looking good and tell him, he can look but CANT touch LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)