Group Home

Do you make your own....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 59 Replies

...well, any products?  I read a post this morning about homemade deodorant and it got me thinking.  My mom makes her own dishwasher detergent and laundry soap.  I recently tried making my own febreeze but I was a little disappointed in the film that got left behind on that one. Do you make any of your own household supplies?  How do they measure up to store bought?  Are they cheaper?  How do they work?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I make laundry detergent. I love it.

fraujones
by Amanda on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I don't, but here's a bump!

mammapav
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I make a lot of my own stuff.  I have changed recipes because I did like how they worked. I am always checking different recipes from different sites. I got a new Laundry soap that my family loves.  It is so much cheaper for me to make my own.

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Laundry Soap, all-purpose spray, window cleaner, carpet smell good stuff, body lotion, and body butter.  I have made my deodorant but I got out of it once I moved to Arizona and it is a necessity to have anti-perspirant.  I think it is cheaper once you get going.  The start up costs can be a bit shocking.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM

No .

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I make my own regular cleaner because it is so cheap and easy. I mix vinegar, water, and a few drops of essential oil that I love to hide the smell. Plus it is safer. Most commercial products are unsafe around pets of children. You eat vinegar in dressings and it works better to me.

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I make my own Febreeze, floor cleaner, shower cleaner

I love how they all work!

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM

With your Febreeze what was the recipe you used?

Mine is 1/4 cup of my favorite fabric softner, 1tbsp baking soda then fill the rest of the container with hot water. I haven't had any issues with film left behind.

Quoting Red_Kitten:

...well, any products?  I read a post this morning about homemade deodorant and it got me thinking.  My mom makes her own dishwasher detergent and laundry soap.  I recently tried making my own febreeze but I was a little disappointed in the film that got left behind on that one. Do you make any of your own household supplies?  How do they measure up to store bought?  Are they cheaper?  How do they work?

stephv53
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Never made my own stuff but sounds interesting...thinking of trying the febreeze.

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM

yes ! I will be back with som examples!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys