Group Home

We love the library!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Amy
  • 36 Replies

After running a couple errands this morning, I took my boys (ages 5 and 11 months) to the library.  The little guy fell asleep in the car and slept in his car seat in the library the whole time, so I got to spend some good time with my 5 year old, Levi.  We read and read and read....  The only reason we were ready to go home was because it was wayyyyy past lunchtime and we were hungry.  It always feels so good to spend time together like that....when you can learn AND have fun :)  

We checked out "Pirates Don't Take Baths" and "The True Story of The Three Little Pigs".  

Do you enjoy time at the library?  What kind of books do your kids like?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM

We havent been in forever =( but when we went the kids loved it .. well all of it but the being quite part !

amyjane22
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Lol, my son had trouble with that when he was little, but thankfully he's quiet there now. 

Quoting bwsmommy:

We havent been in forever =( but when we went the kids loved it .. well all of it but the being quite part !

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If i took my 5 yr old they would kick us out ..lol !

Quoting amyjane22:

Lol, my son had trouble with that when he was little, but thankfully he's quiet there now. 

Quoting bwsmommy:

twyliatepeka
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd(5) LOVES the library! We don't get to go as often as she would like though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM

We love the library and go typicallly more when they have their craft events.   DD right now is into fairy tale books so we got hansel and gretel, the gingerbread man, falling for rapunzel and The duckling gets a cookie by mo willems(not a fairy tale).

amyjane22
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Ooo, we love Mo Willems books!  They are so entertaining!

We live in a teensy town between two smallish towns.  One library (the one we went to today) has a great children's book section, but their story time (a time for crafts, books, and games) stinks.  The other library is just the opposite.  So, we enjoy the crafts at the other library :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

We love the library and go typicallly more when they have their craft events.   DD right now is into fairy tale books so we got hansel and gretel, the gingerbread man, falling for rapunzel and The duckling gets a cookie by mo willems(not a fairy tale).

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM
We go almost every week! My son loves story time, and he usually checks out books about space, Star Wars, pirates, and Tacky the Penguin. :-)
amyjane22
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Cute!  I haven't heard of Tacky the Penguin.  I'll have to look that up!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

We go almost every week! My son loves story time, and he usually checks out books about space, Star Wars, pirates, and Tacky the Penguin. :-)

ashmac03
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I love the library!  When my girls were little I would take them to story time once a week and then spend the afternoon at the library until we would do a picnic lunch at the park next to the library.  Now my kids are getting older (elementary school & Jr. High) they do their own thing when we go which gives me time to actually look for books for myself.  

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
They're pretty cute, the librarian first turned us on to them. They're picture books.

Quoting amyjane22:

Cute!  I haven't heard of Tacky the Penguin.  I'll have to look that up!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci