Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: I (heart) my mug

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 82 Replies

Mugs. I have written about mugs often all over CafeMom, but after battling the flu last week and spending a crazy amount of time on my couch, sipping tea out of a mug, drinking coffee out of a mug, eating soup out of a mug, I felt it was time for another Ode to The Mug.

I use my mugs for almost anything (when the dishes haven't been done, I confess to drinking some vino out of one). I have quite a few and yes, I have my favorites, especially ones that I choose to start the day with if I need an extra boost, a little lift. I believe some mugs give me luck...totally unscientific and undocumented, but yet, I believe it. I'm contemplating acquiring some new ones - these all would be fabu choices.

What a better way to start the day than with Mr. Happy. I mean, look at the picture. You are smiling, aren't you? Right! I knew it! Now imagine having that as you tackle the first bits of the day. Getting the kids up, dressed, fed and out the door is no easy feat. Mr. Happy can make you smile even on the most stressful mornings. Found it at Amazon.

Oh, sometimes folks just irk us. What's a mom to do? Turn to The Bard, I say. This mug from Amazon is adorned with fantastic ways to vent your frustration in a cool way via insults from Shakespeare. It will keep you smirking and in a fun mood, especially if the day is already starting to be one of those days.

For some reason, this illustration on this mug from Zazzle just calms me down. The graphic of a little Zen monk on his journey up the mountain is, I don't know, cool? I just like it. Simple, soothing. I hear the Zen-ness just washing over me, readying me for the day ahead.

One Day at A Time. Yup. Need I say more? Probably not, but I will. We all have about a gazillion and one things we need (or feel like we need) to tackle. To have this reminder sitting on my desk as I work and stare at that never-ever-ending To-Do list...priceless (yet can be bought at Amazon).

Post a picture of your favorite mug! Does anyone else have mug-love?

ŠiStockphoto.com/pavlen       

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie4910
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I cant say im much of a mug person. All of mine match lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I love mine! I have 3 with piglet, 2 with tweety, and 2 with pigs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I actually have a mug that is my favorite, but I display it....I would never drink from it. It has pictures of a town that is close to my heart in Germany.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I have a cafemom one and a mug from when i had braces.  I want one like the red one on top.  I love the shape of it.  We used to have a tall mug from pogo but it got broken.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM

I have several cups but I dont really have a favorite one..

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Before I got my mug tree, I had 2 faves and no one was allowed to touch them. One has my name spelled out with a different descriptive word for each letter. Tom got that for me for Mother's Day many years ago. And then there's my Chicago mug. It was a present from a friend who lives in Chicago. They ( and my cm mug) are still in the cabinet but they sit, enshrined.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM

My favorite mug is my Cafemom and Motocross mug.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I have Christmas mugs and a cafemom mug.I use them for hot chocolate.I have to have my mugs!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I have a ton of mugs.  My Starbucks mug is one of my faves and dh and I have Mr. And Mrs. mugs that I love. Everyone knows I love mugs so I have a lot...lol. I don't have a CM mug though, I haven't been lucky enough to win one. Oh but I  do have the travel mug :)

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I don't have a favorite mug... These are cute though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN