Group Home

Vitamin Waters

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 30 Replies

healthy or hoax? I have a friend that swears they are hydrating and help support your body with vitamins, hence the label and her doctor recommendation. Nutritionist say otherwise, that there is nothing hydrating nor enough vitamin content to be helpful. What do you think? Your experience, has it helped you get over a cold? Do you feel like you just drank a sports drink or more like drinking water?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I dislike sports drinks because to me they taste salty and I've never tried Vitamin Water because I think it's a load of crap.  lol  Water is best in my opinion.

godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM

To be honest i don't know but i will say I LOVE THEM they are super good.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Well they ARE hydrating by the simple fact that you're putting liquid into your body when you consume them.

Now are they magical? No. But if it's drink them or you drink nothing (or something that's a diuretic like tea) yeah they are "good" for you. Some people don't like plain water (as weird as that is to me). So if making it flavored and putting it in a fancy bottle makes people drink water, good on ya! It's like Chocolate milk, kids need the calcium, if adding a little chocolate makes that happen, the benefits (calcium, vitamin D) outweigh the bad (sugar from Chocolate). 

Also "Nutritionist" is a meaningless term, anyone that's ever taken a nutrition class (like in High School or at WIC) is technically a nutrionist. It's like saying "All Natural" means absolutely nothing, it's a buzz word.

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM

you can make your own that are much more helpful then those thigns 

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly it's just another sports drink type  thing and nothing better for you than water

-42-
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
You can OD on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Good to know about the nutritionist buzz word. I can't remember where exactly, but it was basically lumping the vitamin waters with sport drinks like gatoraide. Which they said could actually be deydrating if you're not an athlete or something to that extent.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Well they ARE hydrating by the simple fact that you're putting liquid into your body when you consume them.

Now are they magical? No. But if it's drink them or you drink nothing (or something that's a diuretic like tea) yeah they are "good" for you. Some people don't like plain water (as weird as that is to me). So if making it flavored and putting it in a fancy bottle makes people drink water, good on ya! It's like Chocolate milk, kids need the calcium, if adding a little chocolate makes that happen, the benefits (calcium, vitamin D) outweigh the bad (sugar from Chocolate). 

Also "Nutritionist" is a meaningless term, anyone that's ever taken a nutrition class (like in High School or at WIC) is technically a nutrionist. It's like saying "All Natural" means absolutely nothing, it's a buzz word.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM

It's better to drink water, but if you don't like water to the point that you won't drink it "plain" it's certainly better to drink those than nothing.  I drink them occasionally, it's like any other thing, moderation is the key.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Good to know about the nutritionist buzz word. I can't remember where exactly, but it was basically lumping the vitamin waters with sport drinks like gatoraide. Which they said could actually be deydrating if you're not an athlete or something to that extent.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I do not like them.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I think that they are a waste of money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky