Group Home

Ok I really need to work out...

Posted by   + Show Post
I did "bop to the top" today with a friend. I've never done anything like this, not even a marathon. It's climbing 37 flights of stairs as quickly as you can. I'm athletic but I've fallen off the wagon lately and I've never been a runner. I thought that since this was short I'd be fine, I about died! It just was a reminder that I need to find the time and get back to it!

I did finish, which I was proud of, and my time was 13 min and 2 seconds. My friend did it in 8! The winner did it in 3!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (71-78):
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM

37 flights? I'm exhausted just reading that. I do 6 flights twice a week in about 5 minutes (for school) and I'm gasping for air by the time I get to the top of the last flight (I know I need more cardio..ugh!). It's a good thing I've got a mile & half walk to my class afterward to get my breathing under control...lol.

Personally, based on my own experience, I'd say 37 flights in 13 min 2 sec is pretty d@*n good!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I would love to try it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

That's for sure! :)

Quoting MamaJane:

Amen to that. There always something to work on.

Quoting ceciliam:

I know how you feel! I've always been in good shape and work-out regularly but I was recently chosen to do a work-out with Jackie Warner and just about died. lol! At least it made me realize that I need to step it up!

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thank you very much and I will grab that complement and eat it up! Lol. And doing 6 flights, twice a week with a mile walk will have you in better shape in no time. You should time your assent at the end of the semester. I'd be curious.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

37 flights? I'm exhausted just reading that. I do 6 flights twice a week in about 5 minutes (for school) and I'm gasping for air by the time I get to the top of the last flight (I know I need more cardio..ugh!). It's a good thing I've got a mile & half walk to my class afterward to get my breathing under control...lol.

Personally, based on my own experience, I'd say 37 flights in 13 min 2 sec is pretty d@*n good!

Sophie4910
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Good job!
teesoloca
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM

wow, that sounds hard core...good job

amyjane22
by Amy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Wow!  I think that's a real accomplishment to get it done in 13 minutes. 

It would probably take me a couple days so I could nap...jk ;)

I bet your legs are really feeling it!

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM
They weren't too bad. I've since started training for a half marathon so this really started me on a path.

Quoting amyjane22:

Wow!  I think that's a real accomplishment to get it done in 13 minutes. 

It would probably take me a couple days so I could nap...jk ;)

I bet your legs are really feeling it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690