Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok I really need to work out...

Posted by   + Show Post
I did "bop to the top" today with a friend. I've never done anything like this, not even a marathon. It's climbing 37 flights of stairs as quickly as you can. I'm athletic but I've fallen off the wagon lately and I've never been a runner. I thought that since this was short I'd be fine, I about died! It just was a reminder that I need to find the time and get back to it!

I did finish, which I was proud of, and my time was 13 min and 2 seconds. My friend did it in 8! The winner did it in 3!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (51-60):
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Oh my! I think I'd pass out half way up lol!!

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I would have been taken to the hospital with oxygen by the 4th floor, if not sooner, lol.

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

There is no way I could do 37 flights of stairs!

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I thought I might!

Quoting deedee3849:

Oh my! I think I'd pass out half way up lol!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

We have three stairs in our house so couldn't do a stair work out well

Quoting MamaJane:

It is. There's nothing like stairs lol. And my friend said she does the stair climber at the gym and its nothing like the real thing.

Quoting othermom:

interesting work out

Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

where didi you find 37 flights of stairs? lol congrats

momkaribg
by Kari on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

They never hurt before my last pregnancy then i gained over 40 pounds and im still 40 pound more than i was before he was born. Hes 9 months now. I have gotten really serious about it this month and have lost 6 pounds. Its coming off slowly.

Quoting MamaJane:

You can do it! Losing weight will help for sure and then you'll be able to see if the knees are a bigger issue. If your knees keep bothering you, you can still work out but a marathon might not be what you should aim for.

Quoting momkaribg:

Wow I would love to lose weight be more fit and run a marathon but my knees have been killing me. I am counting calories though so that's a start.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM

37 flights!! wow.. lol.. i would have finished on my knees lol.. i am starting to work out and so far I can get on the treadmill for 30 min on 4 speed and 2 incline. I am integrating upper body weights and I can feel it working. I love it! I have been very sedentary these past 3 years and packed the weight, but not anymore. 

I am also utilizing my college's gym and pool.. its for free! and school starts for me tomorrow, so as soon as I am done with class I will be either jumping in the pool or working out. I wish I could find a boxing training class, we had a punching bag and I loved to go at it... I am so out of shape that I would have to work out for a while before even trying to go on kickboxing or boxing classes.

Keep it up.. step climbing is great.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I would have not finished so better than me lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN