Group Home

Poll

Question: When you wear heels, what heel height do you ROUTINELY wear?

Options:

None - only flats for me!

1"

2"

3"

4"

5"

6"

7"

8"

over 8"

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Replies (21-27):
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I agree with you. Age does not have to dictate what we do. I plan to wear my heels FOREVER!

Quoting Karla1948:

I disagree on the age thing. I'm 64, and still wear heels. But heel height is much lower than when I was younger. I used to be able to wear 5 to 6 inch heels all day, but today, 2 to 3 inch heels are what I normally wear.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

There is a way to look classy as an older woman wearing heels. I see a lot of older, very well dressed women who can totally rock 4 and 5 inch heels. When I'm older, I will join that club. It can be done very tastefully.

Quoting JerseyGirl511:

Only wear flats.  I think after a certain age you shouldn't be wearing high heels.  On a recent trip to the doctors office there was a woman who had to be mid to late 60s, possibly early 70s.  Anyway, this woman had on high heels and a mini skirt.  Everyone that looked at her walked away shaking their heads.  She looked ridiculous.  I hate to see older women trying to act young, drives me crazy.  Just like the older women who wear those sweats or shorts with the words across the butt.  Just gross.   I am an older woman, 56 years old and if I dressed like that my kids would be mortified.

JerseyGirl511
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Then I think it would depend if you look your age.  Like if you're 60 or 70 but don't look it, I think you could get away with it.  The woman I saw definately looked very old and you could tell from the people looking at her that they didn't think she looked good.  They looked at her starting from the legs up and looked shocked when they saw her face.  It's fine to disagree, we all have our own opinions.  But I have yet to see an older woman that looks good in high heels.  But like I said, just my opinion.

Quoting GypsiSky:

There is a way to look classy as an older woman wearing heels. I see a lot of older, very well dressed women who can totally rock 4 and 5 inch heels. When I'm older, I will join that club. It can be done very tastefully.

Quoting JerseyGirl511:

Only wear flats.  I think after a certain age you shouldn't be wearing high heels.  On a recent trip to the doctors office there was a woman who had to be mid to late 60s, possibly early 70s.  Anyway, this woman had on high heels and a mini skirt.  Everyone that looked at her walked away shaking their heads.  She looked ridiculous.  I hate to see older women trying to act young, drives me crazy.  Just like the older women who wear those sweats or shorts with the words across the butt.  Just gross.   I am an older woman, 56 years old and if I dressed like that my kids would be mortified.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM

3-4 inches for me but I hardly wear them anymore

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Heels are pretty but I can't walk in them so mostly flats or flip flops/slides for me.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM

i usually wear 4" to 6"  I like heels and wish I had more occasions to wear them :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie