so who will be a football widow today?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 40 Replies

with the last two playoffs game being played today who will be loosing their husband to the games?  who will be watching the games themselves?  my husband isn't a big american football fan but after the falcons win last sunday he's planning on meeting up with some friends to watch the game today with the 49ers. 

i have no interest in watching professional sports so the looks like the kids & i will be finding something else to do this afternoon.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Nope

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Thankfully hubby isn't into football at all. ( or Hockey or baseball or basketball. Yay )

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

that's essentially my hubby, though he will watch the spurs on occasion.  he's a big soccer fan though.  since the falcons are playing at home the whole city is in a tizzy.  i'm just glad he's going to a friends to watch the game rather than having to deal with all the guys here!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Thankfully hubby isn't into football at all. ( or Hockey or baseball or basketball. Yay )

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We used to all be huge NASCAR fans but once the points system came into play, it totally ruined racing. We like "hometown" racing. Otherwise, there isn't any sports he or I watch on tv. So its all good :) We do like to go to a Double A or Triple A baseball games once or twice a year. They are a lot fun. Or if I have a Zumba event at a basketball game half time show or baseball game ( did that for Pittsburgh Pirates & Cleveland Cavs ), then we will do that.

Quoting lizzig:

that's essentially my hubby, though he will watch the spurs on occasion.  he's a big soccer fan though.  since the falcons are playing at home the whole city is in a tizzy.  i'm just glad he's going to a friends to watch the game rather than having to deal with all the guys here!

Quoting MichelleMc:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

zumba event?  do you perform at halftime or such?

Quoting MichelleMc:

We used to all be huge NASCAR fans but once the points system came into play, it totally ruined racing. We like "hometown" racing. Otherwise, there isn't any sports he or I watch on tv. So its all good :) We do like to go to a Double A or Triple A baseball games once or twice a year. They are a lot fun. Or if I have a Zumba event at a basketball game half time show or baseball game ( did that for Pittsburgh Pirates & Cleveland Cavs ), then we will do that.

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

For the basketball game, yes we perform at halftime. For the baseball game, they shut down the street outside & we do a full zumba event with Beto himself & his Dj. It is a Party In Pink, so for Susan G Komen & breast Cancer Survivors. After the event, then we go to the game at the stadium :)

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

that's pretty cool!

Quoting MichelleMc:

For the basketball game, yes we perform at halftime. For the baseball game, they shut down the street outside & we do a full zumba event with Beto himself & his Dj. It is a Party In Pink, so for Susan G Komen & breast Cancer Survivors. After the event, then we go to the game at the stadium :)

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Quoting lizzig:

that's pretty cool!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yeah tons of fun :) Hubby is so supportive. He comes & takes pictures plus hangs with me in before, in between & after :)

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I will be watching with my husband.  I don't mind a little football!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My husband has to work, but my kids want to watch the patriots game

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: