Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids scouts?

Posted by   + Show Post

My 6 y/o just started Daisy scouts, they are soo cute.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rushn311
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yes, this is my daughter's 2nd year. She's a junior.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Yeah I'm both looking forward to boyscouts and dreading it lol. It means I have to be more on my toes too. I assisted the popcorn co this year and that really sucked! I had one guy who didn't pick up popcorn until early January.

Quoting crabbyD:

Oh I agree that's why we still stick around, but some of our pack leaders are something else... Hey, but my webelo son loves it and I just gotta suck it up... Lol.

My boy scout's troop is obviously more interdependent and more organized... Weekly emails and reminders... Very very helpful!

Quoting MamaJane:

I think you have to keep in mind that all these people are volunteers and have day jobs. It is frustrating at times. The kids have to live it and it is really good for my son who is a little immature for his age. He's a bear this year.

Quoting crabbyD:

I can so relate with the unorganized factor, but both my boys are in the scouts... I have a cub and a boy scout. My boy scout LOVES the camping portion. He went to his first away camp summer camp last year and he had the time of his life!

Quoting MamaJane:

My son is in scouts. We are also very unorganized. It kinda drives me insane lol. But he loves it. He's nearing the end of his second year. Camp is his favorite and he gets to have over night camp this year!

My daughter was a Girl Scout until 3 rd grade. We moved and tried to find our new group but we couldnt and no one helped us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM

No, but I used to be a girlscout. 

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I have an Eagle Scout :) Love it. Great program. He started at 6 as a tiger. I also started locally a kinder program for boys. National has now finally started a pilot program of it! So happy!

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting MamaJane:

I think you have to keep in mind that all these people are volunteers and have day jobs. It is frustrating at times. The kids have to live it and it is really good for my son who is a little immature for his age. He's a bear this year. 

Great points. Also, I always remind everyone, if it unorganized, help. Take a position, become a leader, take over a part of it you want to change :) Don't just quit or let your kids quit for that reason.

And I remind people it is guys ( mostly ), they aren't as organized, by nature, as women. So it will seem different and that is okay. Help them out  some but also it can be a bit unorganized, that is okay LOL.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM

My DD is a Daisy too ;)

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM
No
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM

No.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM
That is a very good point! All the areas in our pack that are run by the moms are the areas that run smoothly.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting MamaJane:

Great points. Also, I always remind everyone, if it unorganized, help. Take a position, become a leader, take over a part of it you want to change :) Don't just quit or let your kids quit for that reason.

And I remind people it is guys ( mostly ), they aren't as organized, by nature, as women. So it will seem different and that is okay. Help them out  some but also it can be a bit unorganized, that is okay LOL.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM
That's awesome and congrats to your son! That's quite an accomplishment.

Quoting MichelleMc:

I have an Eagle Scout :) Love it. Great program. He started at 6 as a tiger. I also started locally a kinder program for boys. National has now finally started a pilot program of it! So happy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN