I went to the store and....they owed me

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today I went to Kroger (Memphis area) and was for the first time ever the person that people were looking at cause I was causing a commotion because they could not pay be money according tothe policy.

Here is what I got today:

Transaction #1
1 Good N Natural bar -$1.19

Coupon
Free Good N Natural Bar

Tax : $0.08
I went to pay with my card but she said that she didn't want me to use my card for just $0.08 and that she would cover it.

Transaction #2
9 Good N Natural Bar - $1.19 
Wolfgang Puck Coffee - $1.00
1 Kettle Chips - $2.79 
1 Quintia Bag of Apples and Grapes - $1.00
2 Quintia Bag of Apples and Carmel -$1.00
1 So Delicious Coconut Milk - $3.44

First my coupons
9 free Good N Natural Bar coupons (insert)
2 $1/1 Wolfgang Puck Coffee (printed)
1 $0.50/1 Kettle Chips coupon (printed)
1 $0.55/1 So Delicious product (printed)

Next sales
Good N Natural Bars - $1.19 - $0.89 with card. Sale of buy 10 get $5 off so $0.39. They rang up $1.19 (so that's what the cashier took off)
Kettle Chips were also on the 10/$5
So Delicious was on sale for $2.99

When it was all said and done it said they owed me $0.13, so I told her to to the $0.08 toward that. She went to get a CSM and they said they couldn't pay me and was going to take off a coupon. I said no just don't pay me it's okay. So he just closed it out, and out I went. 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Why couldnt they pay?  I dont get that.  I dont think 13 cents would close down the store.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow !!!!!!!!!

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Hmm go you but I will don't get why they didn't pay. Or why u didn't grab something else to make up the difference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paknari
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Not really understanding why you did more than one transaction. Clearly it wasn't one coupon per sale so you could have bought everything at once. They still should have paid you but you would have ran in to less trouble doing it that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Thats awesome!! Great job!

wandep
by Pam on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Cool. We don't have a Kroger. We either have Publix or Walmart. They both suck because Publix is over priced. See none of that stuff too we would buy because we don't eat it. We mostly eat just fresh fruits/veggies, meat...we do pick up mac n cheese and tacos. A few other things but they never have coupons for those type things we use. 

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm making my Kroger list now:)

Some stores have a policy stating they won't pay overage. If its on the policy then that's just how it is. (To other posters not you op)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM

You still won... Awesome!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Oh wow that is crazy. Awesome that you got all that stuff for free though. 

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Because to get the 10/$5 deal (buy ten items get $5 off) you have to get 10 of the items on the sale. The Good N Natural bars were on the sale so if I would have gotten them all on one transaction I would have had to pay full price for the chips.

Quoting paknari:

Not really understanding why you did more than one transaction. Clearly it wasn't one coupon per sale so you could have bought everything at once. They still should have paid you but you would have ran in to less trouble doing it that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: