Group Home

Smarter Style: 5 Cold Weather Accessories

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 44 Replies

Half the country is in a major deep freeze right now...I walked outside tonight and thought "Huh, it's warming up" and it was 18 degrees. Even if you don't usually bother with gloves, hat, etc. in this weather, it's absolutely necessary even if you're just going from house to car to office and back. Here's a rundown of five cute choices that will keep you cozy and chic.

This cute popcorn knit hat is warm, soft, and comes in colors to go with any coat. (KMart, $3.99).

These Stormy Kromer hats are experiencing a hipster resurgence, but they are well-made here in my home state of Michigan, practical (it's designed not to blow off and has a pull-down earband), and even cute with these fabric flowers. (Stormy Kromer, $39.99).

If I could afford it, I'd wear this Kate Spade scarf anywhere, anytime, cold or not. (Nordstrom, $149).

Tech gloves usually look about as dorky as your smartphone is cool, but these long, gathered ones are something I'd wear even if they weren't phone-friendly...and they'll keep your arms protected from big gusts. (Nordstrom, $24.00)

This beanie is boho-cute with a bit of sophistication, and the aqua color really stands out. (Moosejaw Mountaineering, $14.99)

What's your favorite cold-weather accessory?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I love a warm knit hat.

wandep
by Pam on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I have the tech gloves but can't find them. :(

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM

That last hat would do no good in our winters. I have much more durable knitwear to go out in. You don't care if you can use your smart phone if your hands are honestly freezing. I would rather wear things made out of alpaca wool and know they will protect me from the cold.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I need a hat that's lined with fleece, or the wind will cut right through it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM

The popcorn hat is cute

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Dh just bought me a pair of Tech gloves this year. I love then but I had trouble finding a pair I actually liked. For my birthday I got an Armani scarf. I love it! (I am not a fan of Kate Spade)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I'm not much more than a hoody maybe gloves kinda girl even when it's super cold
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I love scarves.
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I don't wear hats, cuz I can't take them off and show my hair. Don't ever wear scarves, have no style sense of how to tie/drape them. And I only wear gloves when I am going to be outside for long periods of time. In fact, I rarely even wear a coat.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM

i have a beanie like the bottom one, for me and the girls. definitely have to have my thinsulate gloves too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci