Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had to call the bus barn yesterday..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 55 Replies

Yesterday my DD's bus broke down and her bus driver was out sick. Yesterday after noon the bus driver was an older guy. He was the same guy that has almost run me over several times because he would pull up way too close to the ditch I was standing in waiting for my DD. Where I live it is a dead end road. We live passed the county road on a private road and the bus does not come down this far. So we have to walk up the road a little ways to where our mail boxes are. Well the guy that dropped her off yesterday pulled way to close to the ditch again... When he opened the doors my DD got off the bus in the ditch... My mom went to get her off the bus and she came back mad, like really mad. I called the bus barn to explain to them that I do not want my DD dropped off in the ditch. There is plenty of room for him to pull up like everyone else does and drop her off on the road like everyone else. The lady tried to tell me that it was because that is a tricky spot to turn around. I explained that no one else has an issue with this, just this guy. I had a hard time making this lady understand that it was not the turning around that caused the problem, or the tricky area he had to turn around in, it was the fact that no one else has a problem with it but him and he dropped my child off in the ditch. My DH said if it happens again, he will be the one calling the bus barn.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Um.. what is a bus barn?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

That is messed up.I would have called too.I have seen buses with kids still on them speeding down the roads.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM

It is the place they keep the buses. They are called bus barns here.

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

Um.. what is a bus barn?

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM

See that would tick me off too. If the drivers don't want to do the job right then they need to find another job.

Quoting momofsixangels:

That is messed up.I would have called too.I have seen buses with kids still on them speeding down the roads.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I would of called too my bus garage people don't like me Cruz I am the first who calls and we have had some major issues
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I would be furious that nothing is changing. I called our bus barn and I have no kids in the public school system. I was walking home and saw the bus driver pull up smoking a cigeratte. The kids were too old to have parents at the stop so yeah I called. The next day I saw a new driver take over.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

That is how the elementary, jr high, and high school was with my mom. I told the lady at the bus barn that it was a good thing I called and not my mom. She has a way of making people cry... 

Quoting critter_boo:

I would of called too my bus garage people don't like me Cruz I am the first who calls and we have had some major issues

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Oh my

Quoting ashleymosq:

That is how the elementary, jr high, and high school was with my mom. I told the lady at the bus barn that it was a good thing I called and not my mom. She has a way of making people cry... 

Quoting critter_boo:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Omg that is beyond messed up. 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I would be furious that nothing is changing. I called our bus barn and I have no kids in the public school system. I was walking home and saw the bus driver pull up smoking a cigeratte. The kids were too old to have parents at the stop so yeah I called. The next day I saw a new driver take over.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM

It was either the middle school of the junior high. The kids look the same. I swear no one grows those years. 

Quoting ashleymosq:

Omg that is beyond messed up. 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN