#7 of 33 Things Your Fast Food Worker Won’t Tell You

Posted by   + Show Post

Avoid asking for “extra” of something, like cheese or sauce.

Avoid asking for “extra” of something, like cheese or sauce.As soon as you say “extra,” we have to enter it at the register and charge you for it. Instead, just tell us you want us to “put a good amount on there” or “not to be skimpy with it,” and we’ll load you up. 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Some places are stingy with their cheese.  I hate that.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I used to do that at McDonalds Lmao.

Id be like "hold on"

30 cents for extra cheese really?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyofTC
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Alabama they will charge you extra for ketchup if they put it on in the back. If you ask for dipping sauces they charge .25 each if you do not have chicken nuggets or strips. They charge .75 for one extra slice of tomato.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

where do they charge extra?? i only know they charge for extra meat, cheese, or bacon. toppings usually arent extra..

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Some mcdonalds here will charge ten cents for extra dipping sauce even if you had chicken nuggets.

Quoting mommyofTC:

Alabama they will charge you extra for ketchup if they put it on in the back. If you ask for dipping sauces they charge .25 each if you do not have chicken nuggets or strips. They charge .75 for one extra slice of tomato.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

where do they charge extra?? i only know they charge for extra meat, cheese, or bacon. toppings usually arent extra..

mommyofTC
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Yea if you bought strips or nuggets they give you one sauce pack for a 10 piece . I was like really? I asked the manager if he could eat 10 nuggets with one sauce pack. Not to mention i share mine with my 2 boys. I don't mind paying for extra but .25 is ridiculous!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Some mcdonalds here will charge ten cents for extra dipping sauce even if you had chicken nuggets.

Quoting mommyofTC:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Yup it is.

Ive never been charged as ill order as my husband goes to sit with said dd...and then go get more after we have food.

Or when in drive throu we pull around and go get more lol.

Quoting mommyofTC:

Yea if you bought strips or nuggets they give you one sauce pack for a 10 piece . I was like really? I asked the manager if he could eat 10 nuggets with one sauce pack. Not to mention i share mine with my 2 boys. I don't mind paying for extra but .25 is ridiculous!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Quoting mommyofTC:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Quoting Juniper53098:

I've never been charged.  They usually post it if they're going to charge.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM

yup extra is charged there are ways around it on the register though if you only want 1 more pump etc

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM

great tip thanks for sharing 

little.worthen
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Here they charge extra for lettuce tomato.. Basically everything but onion

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: