Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice about my 4 month old!!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 19 Replies
My daughter is 4 months since she hit the 4 month mark when i put her to bed she wakes up and cries until i go get her. im at my witts end with we start bedtime at 830/9 she is completely asleep before i lay her down im just looking for tips to make the tradition from my arms to her crib easier?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM

As long as you are sure she isnt wet/hungry,/pain, keep her laying in her crib and gently rub her back.  Keep lights low or off with minimal talking.   What is her bedtime routine that you have developed?  Perhaps a white noise machine could help keep her lulled to sleep.  DD was not much of a sleeper until much later so every few hours she was waking up for food..  She is becoming more aware of her world.   You can also try putting a shirt of yours you had worn that day (barring any bad messes on it ) in the crib with her as a scent reminder.

chrissydan
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Her routine is really basic i put bed time lotion on her swaddle her and nurse her and she falls asleep then as soon as i start to put her down she tenses and wakes up.
i did try leaving her in her crib tonight and pat her that was a no go yes she stopped crying but then she sat there and babble when she figured out i wasn't picking her up or talking she screamed so i picked her up

Quoting frndlyfn:

As long as you are sure she isnt wet/hungry,/pain, keep her laying in her crib and gently rub her back.  Keep lights low or off with minimal talking.   What is her bedtime routine that you have developed?  Perhaps a white noise machine could help keep her lulled to sleep.  DD was not much of a sleeper until much later so every few hours she was waking up for food..  She is becoming more aware of her world.   You can also try putting a shirt of yours you had worn that day (barring any bad messes on it ) in the crib with her as a scent reminder.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I stay and rub her back or pat her for a bit, then just have my hand on her not moving for a bit, then hands out but still close by and then slowly back away when dd cries after being asleep and I put her down. Takes maybe 5-8 minutes to back out of the room but she usually goes back down

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Id just co sleep. All my boys slept with me for varying amounts if time... Once they were asleep for a few hrs I'd lay them down, some times lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM

This is what I did with all three of mine.  I was told not to nurse them until they were completely asleep so that they could learn to fall asleep in the crib on their own.

Quoting lasombrs:

I stay and rub her back or pat her for a bit, then just have my hand on her not moving for a bit, then hands out but still close by and then slowly back away when dd cries after being asleep and I put her down. Takes maybe 5-8 minutes to back out of the room but she usually goes back down

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

follow through keep rubbing her back singing white noise it will become habit

alliesmom112
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

let her cry it out for a little bit. Don't run to her every time she cries 

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Sorry my kids were good sleepers but here is a bump :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
A white noise machine helped a lot when we had a LO that age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Dont always run to get her.Try a night light.Maybe keep rubbing her back and sing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN