Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: The new tee to go with that cardigan

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

Confession time: I am t-shirt obsessed. I'm constantly searching for that elusive perfect white t-shirt. I'm always looking for that right balance of cool chic and not looking like I'm trying too hard (or like I am trying to be a 23-year-old, as I am 17 years past that one, my friends).

But the t-shirt is part of my everyday uniform. Tossed on under cardigans at least five days of the seven, I wear t-shirts a lot. I need to get beyond the regular crewneck solid color ones, guys. I need to bump up the tee element to elevate my style a bit. I found a few...what do you think?

Okay, this is waaaaayyyy different than the regular white tee. I'm not usually a print gal, but for some reason I dig it. A tad vintage-y with some cool blue peacocks from Topshop.com, I can see it under a basic black cardigan with big gold hoops, slim jeans and boots. Jazzy, no?

So, still white, but this one from JCrew Factory, with the ruffle trim around the neckline offers a little style something-something. I'm thinking to pair it with a deep grey or deep blue cardigan and big bangles.

This funny tee from Skreened reads, "But first, coffee." Imagine it under a lady-like patterned cardi with jeans and studs....chic yet not fussy. You can choose a ton of different sayings to offer a style statement that means something to you.

The lower in the back element of this top is what got me...super cool to cover the tush, right? With the flowy fabric and color-blocking, I'll be totally hip and happening in this shirt from Piperlime. Maybe with a superchunky, ultra-cozy knit cardigan and long dangling earrings...hmm....

Do you love t-shirts? Are you due for a few new ones? Which do you like....or have you found one I should check out?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ largeformat4x5

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I like the blue and white t-shirt.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Not my style :)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I like the 1st&last!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I dont mind a good tshirt. I do need to go shopping for some new ones soon.
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
All I own is tshirts. But I would call those dress shirts. My t shirts say things like 'ninjas need love too' and kingdom martial arts academy.
Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I prefer blouses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I like the Grey tshirt, 'But first I need coffee' that is literally ME to a Tee ;0)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM
I agree, those aren't what I think of as t-shirts. Dressy shirts sounds about right.

Mine are all Kansas Jayhawks or related to my former work at a teen center.

Quoting MamaJane:

All I own is tshirts. But I would call those dress shirts. My t shirts say things like 'ninjas need love too' and kingdom martial arts academy.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Lol I'm glad I'm not alone. And it's a reminder that I probably should go shopping. 90%of my shirts are related to my kids' activities.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I agree, those aren't what I think of as t-shirts. Dressy shirts sounds about right.

Mine are all Kansas Jayhawks or related to my former work at a teen center.

Quoting MamaJane:

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:20 AM

The only one I consider a true tee is the coffee one. I love the last one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN