Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#9 of 33 Things Your Fast Food Worker Won’t Tell You

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 37 Replies

It makes me laugh when someone comes in and says she’s trying to be healthy—and then orders a salad with crispy chicken.

It makes me laugh when someone comes in and says she’s trying to be healthy—and then orders a salad with crispy chicken.

At McDonald’s, some of those salads have about as many calories as a Big Mac. In fact, a small order of french fries contains four fewer grams of fat than a packet of our ranch dressing. 

© iStockphoto/Thinkstock

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammiBaby
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

One thing I've never understood is trying to eat healthy and then going to any fast food joint. Regardless of the item ordered.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Quoting SammiBaby:

One thing I've never understood is trying to eat healthy and then going to any fast food joint. Regardless of the item ordered.

I agree

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Agree, but sometimes you have to. Like when you are on a long trip? I don't know, I just bring food. Dh loves fast food. Gross.

Quoting SammiBaby:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Wow .. Is all i can say .. I need to see how hidden valley ranch is in the calorie dept !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM

least its a start its the chicken without the bun :) lol

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Well crispy chicken is fried and ranch dressing is a dairy base. It just makes sense that it would be more calories. I guess that is just me. 

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this

This applies anywhere, salad does not equal healthy. It CAN, but that's if you make it boring and healthy. If it's yummy you're just fooling yourself. Get the burger you really want, have the fries, don't go there too often.

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Quoting suziejax:

least its a start its the chicken without the bun :) lol

There's breading on the chicken, so really it has a built in deep fried bun.

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM

One thing you can do if you love Ranch, but don't want ALL of the evil in it. Mix a little bit of ranch into low fat/FF italian dressing. It cuts down on the fat/calories, but you still get ranch.

It's actually my preferred salad dressing. I like the taste, ranch is missing something, italian is missing something, mix them together. Perfection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN