Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does "SMARTER LIVING" mean to you?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

what does it mean? how do you live smarter?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

To make the best choices for my family. 

little_buggie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

ohhhhh I got this.  I have jsut started what my cousin dubbed as "Project Rachel"

1. Relocate - I moved to a place that has no connections to anyone, I made a new friend (we actually started dating and broke up and are now just friends) and I am staying with him until I get myself straightened out.

2. Eliminate everyone from your live who is not supportive, a good influence, or someone I would have been friends with if I had never been in the position I was in (you are a product fo your surroundings, you are the company you keep.  You become friends with people when you live where you do because they are there.)

3. Change my lifestyle, no I am not talking abou tjumping the fence, I am talking about food.  I have been dieting for years, but I always gain it back so I am changing the WAY I eat all together, I did it last year and felt AMAZING, but I have had a pretty devastating last 2 months and now I have to detox and start again.  What am I changing? Well i stopped eating FF a year ago, I ate it ONCE during my move and it made me VIOLENTLY ill, I had cut my carbs WAY down (900-100) and bumped my protien, I started eating a lot cleaner.

4. Develop a new relationship with my daughter, since I left my ex I have been pretty scatter brained and focussed a lot on finding a new companion, I have decided I am not going to do that anymore I am goign to focus on getting to know my daughter again.

5. Budget my funds so as to start paying old bills while continuing to pay new ones.

6. Go to school for what I and and not what my mom thinks I should do.

7. (and this one may not be for everyone) Relocate - FAR away (I live in the PNW and I am seriously conscidering a move to WV)

Smart living is taking care of you and your own in the best way possible and when you have that down, make it even better, strive for the best without living beyond your means.

Kainalu55
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:50 PM

it's great that you have it all planned out and know what you're working towards!

Quoting little_buggie:

ohhhhh I got this.  I have jsut started what my cousin dubbed as "Project Rachel"

1. Relocate - I moved to a place that has no connections to anyone, I made a new friend (we actually started dating and broke up and are now just friends) and I am staying with him until I get myself straightened out.

2. Eliminate everyone from your live who is not supportive, a good influence, or someone I would have been friends with if I had never been in the position I was in (you are a product fo your surroundings, you are the company you keep.  You become friends with people when you live where you do because they are there.)

3. Change my lifestyle, no I am not talking abou tjumping the fence, I am talking about food.  I have been dieting for years, but I always gain it back so I am changing the WAY I eat all together, I did it last year and felt AMAZING, but I have had a pretty devastating last 2 months and now I have to detox and start again.  What am I changing? Well i stopped eating FF a year ago, I ate it ONCE during my move and it made me VIOLENTLY ill, I had cut my carbs WAY down (900-100) and bumped my protien, I started eating a lot cleaner.

4. Develop a new relationship with my daughter, since I left my ex I have been pretty scatter brained and focussed a lot on finding a new companion, I have decided I am not going to do that anymore I am goign to focus on getting to know my daughter again.

5. Budget my funds so as to start paying old bills while continuing to pay new ones.

6. Go to school for what I and and not what my mom thinks I should do.

7. (and this one may not be for everyone) Relocate - FAR away (I live in the PNW and I am seriously conscidering a move to WV)

Smart living is taking care of you and your own in the best way possible and when you have that down, make it even better, strive for the best without living beyond your means.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM

For me its all about choices and saving money/getting the most for my money  ..

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Making healthy smart choices
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM

we need to get back on track on eating healthy, we were doing so well...and then the holidays came around!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Making healthy smart choices

Kainalu55
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM

i always try to get the most for our money too!

Quoting bwsmommy:

For me its all about choices and saving money/getting the most for my money  ..

AstuteMama
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I try to make the best choices that I can for my family. My boys and I try to live as green as we can, by recycling what we can and when we can.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Choosing whats best for your family.Clipping coupons and getting great deals.

chillemi78
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Its working on making choices that will be best for all of my family. Its finding a balance between all the options: making some things from scratch or buying store made, coupons and sale watching or just buying generic, trying to be green but realizing some things have so little impact that they aren't worth the cost or effort, etc. I don't think there's any one set way for each family, but its nice to have as many options out there as possible so we can all decide what the smarter choices for each of us is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN