Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crazy weather

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm in Tennessee, and we have had thunderstorms, flooding, and tornado warnings all day. No damage here, thank goodness, but I thought we'd never get to the school to pick Ela up, roads closed everywhere due to flooding. How is your weather?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Same here in Southern Kentucky. They came through last night. No damage in my town but all around us. Its insane
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:54 PM

pretty yucky here in ga.  a big tornado touched down about an hour & half north west of us, killing one, shutting down the highway for a long while.  we are still under a watch now but earlier it was a warning & all the schools around us were in "tornado mode" for 40-60min.  happened during our last lunch period, a bit before 1.  we were in the hallways till about 1:40 & dismissal was delayed for about 20min because of the weather.  it was raining so bad at one point you could barely see the buses outside the door.  tons of standing water on the roads & flood warnings are in effect for areas around small creeks & such.

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Today at 9:39 AM
by Pam on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I'm in Florida. Suppose to be bad here later this evening. it's been very windy and dark all day. :(

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Today at 9:39 AM
by Pam on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Where in Georgia are you? I lived in Bainbridge, Ga for 30 years before moving to Florida. lol

Quoting lizzig:

pretty yucky here in ga.  a big tornado touched down about an hour & half north west of us, killing one, shutting down the highway for a long while.  we are still under a watch now but earlier it was a warning & all the schools around us were in "tornado mode" for 40-60min.  happened during our last lunch period, a bit before 1.  we were in the hallways till about 1:40 & dismissal was delayed for about 20min because of the weather.  it was raining so bad at one point you could barely see the buses outside the door.  tons of standing water on the roads & flood warnings are in effect for areas around small creeks & such.

Nichole0403
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
My husband is in Nashville for work this week. He's staying at the Sheridan, and they were woken up at like 2am to go to the basement because of a tornado warning. I'm in washington and its just rainy( like usual) and gloomy outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM

north of atlanta in roswell

Quoting wandep:

Where in Georgia are you? I lived in Bainbridge, Ga for 30 years before moving to Florida. lol

Quoting lizzig:

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Im in Ga its raining and really windy here ...we did have a tornado touch down but not in my area 

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Thunderstorms rolling in tonight and calling for snow on friday . It is 63 now.

Bradensmommy719
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Be safe ladies. I'm in Colorado sbd we just had a mother nature bipolar moment. 50s one day 30s the next with snow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sophie4910
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Just cold
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN