Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Big Game Fun Wih Kids

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies

I am not, repeat NOT, a football fan. Kind of hate it, always have. But I do enjoy the Super Bowl. It's not fun so much for the football as for an excuse to eat snacks, drink beer, watch commercials and hang out with my family and friends.

If you have little kids, the big game might not be so awesome. It goes late, too late for most little ones to be up, and while some of the commercials are fantastic (I've made my kids watch this Chrysler ad from a few years ago about a million times because it makes our town look so tough!) some are not exactly kid-friendly.  But they still can participate in the excitement. Wear your favorite team's jerseys, watch some of the pregame hoopla, and go online to learn a little more about the host city and what it takes to put on Super Bowl. And of course, snacks are essential. Try healthier options like veggies and hummus or a low-fat sour cream dip.

Or you can skip it altogether and take advantage of fewer crowds everywhere else. In our town, Sesame Street Live is always playing the week of the Super Bowl and tickets are super-cheap that day. Movie theaters, museums and kid play spaces are likely to be pretty empty as well.

What are your family's plans for the Super Bowl?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM

It will be on but we won't be watching .. rathering listening :)

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM

we'll watch it, and BBQ

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:43 AM

We dont do anything for super bowl

fraujones
by Amanda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM

We don't watch the Super Bowl.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM

were gonna be home and maybe one of dh's friends are gonna stop over

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:05 AM
We (adults) watch. The kids peak in every now and then and watch the puppy bowl. But we always do a special snack dinner that night. They really look forward to it. I ask for input and suggestions. This year I have BBQ wings, broccoli salad, cheese sticks and cheese crackers and m and ms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I love football, but nly care if it's one of my teams.  But, DH MUST watch every game that is on.  So, we'll be watching.  I don't care about the commercials at all.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

were not a big superbowl family

wandep
by Pam on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM

probably just watching it at home

wandep
by Pam on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM

sounds yummy..what is your broccoli salad recipe?

Quoting MamaJane:

We (adults) watch. The kids peak in every now and then and watch the puppy bowl. But we always do a special snack dinner that night. They really look forward to it. I ask for input and suggestions. This year I have BBQ wings, broccoli salad, cheese sticks and cheese crackers and m and ms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)