Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BIG ADJUSTMENT

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 22 Replies

Today we bought a new computer for the business. We had been using my     laptop but dh is getting so busy we had to buy an additonal one. Anyway it is a big adjustment going from a laptop to a desk top. I keep wanting to reach for the touch pad instead of the mouse.

Windows 8 is abig change to from Windows Vista. I really not sure I like it. Maybe I just have to get used to it. Do any of you ladies have Windows 8? Do you like it? How long did it take to get used to it?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM

We have windows 7 from windows XP  LOL  I went from a desktop to a lap top .   It looks like i had the same adjustment issues you are going through.   I use a stylus though for my touch pad rather than my finger.  I even have a wireless mouse for it.

sweetpea1269
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I don't have it but from what I hear ppl do not like it much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM

i dont have windows eight but i type on a desk top and i cant use a laptop. i am moving in a couple of weeks to be with my husband and will be using a laptop but i cant use the mouse on it. it confuses me. ive already told him he has to buy a mouse and hook into it. so i know how you feel.

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I have windows 7 but looking to buy a new computer...im not looking forward to having windows 8
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I bought my new computer weeks before 8 came out, so I have Windows 7, I'm glad too, I don't like 8.

It was an adjustment for me too, I went from a laptop to a desktop. But I loooove my desktop.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

No but heard its not that great

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Nice! It will take a little bit to get used to. I was like that also. Kind of weird at first.

We don't have it. I hear it's good though.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM

We have windows 7 I think

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
My husband has put Windows 8 on almost all of our computers... For some short-sighted reason it's not compatible with net books, so that is my primary computer. But when I have used it, I like it just fine. The navigation is just very different and takes some getting used to... As do most new things. Hopefully it will work for you after you give it some time to adapt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I've played around with Windows 8 and it's not too bad, just takes some getting used to. I cant wait to get a new touchscreen laptop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)