Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms of school age kiddos,

Posted by   + Show Post
What activities are your kids into? What did they like/dislike?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Replies (31-39):
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Word to the wise, make a one activity rule now. You have 3 kids. You will drive yourself insane driving them all around. We made that rule in the very beginning and I'm so glad. She can still do basketball in the winter, baseball on the spring and soccer in fall.

Quoting ashleymosq:

My oldest is the only school age kid. She plays Tball. We are actually waiting for the tryouts to start. I don't know why they have tryouts for Tball, but whatever lol. She wanted to play basketball too, but we figured with school, Tball (it hadn't started when it was time for basketball to start, but she already said she wanted to play again), and me with a new baby, basketball would be a bit much on our plates. She also wants to play football when she turns 17 or 18 lol. She likes all sports. Even golf lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

DS1 is into cubscouts, video games, and riding bike.

Ds2 is not in school yet.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Yeah I pretty much made that rule when I got the paper for basketball from her teacher. I knew it would be way too hectic for me to try to keep up with. She is happy as long as she gets to play Tball, so that is good lol.

Quoting MamaJane:

Word to the wise, make a one activity rule now. You have 3 kids. You will drive yourself insane driving them all around. We made that rule in the very beginning and I'm so glad. She can still do basketball in the winter, baseball on the spring and soccer in fall.

Quoting ashleymosq:

My oldest is the only school age kid. She plays Tball. We are actually waiting for the tryouts to start. I don't know why they have tryouts for Tball, but whatever lol. She wanted to play basketball too, but we figured with school, Tball (it hadn't started when it was time for basketball to start, but she already said she wanted to play again), and me with a new baby, basketball would be a bit much on our plates. She also wants to play football when she turns 17 or 18 lol. She likes all sports. Even golf lol.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

horses, dance, art, cooking, science

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

internet, video games, music

ethans_momma06
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

None right now.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

ds loves baseball

Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM

daughter - gymnastics

son- Jiu Jitsu

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM

5 year old son- Baseball, guitar, piano, and Haudenosaunee classes. He was in swim, but it wasn't a good program, but he loves to swim otherwise and wants to join the swim team once hes old enough.

10 year old brother (I'm the guardian of my siblings)- MMA, he also wants to join the baseball team and loves skateboarding

13 year old sister- Choir, dance, and art club

17 year old brother- Track, photography club, and skateboarding

They also all do horseback riding, not lessons, but there are a lot of farms around so they all know how to ride and will ride to help work on the farms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)