Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways You Waste Your Money 2/2

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

slideshow image

Sticking With the Same Service Provider

Hey, we're all for loyalty to trusted service providers, such as your bank, insurer, credit-card company, mutual fund, phone plan or cable plan. But over time, as prices and your circumstances change, the status-quo may not be the best deal any more. Smart consumers are always on the lookout for bargains.
iStockphoto

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Unless you're locked into a contract. The only company screwing me over is DirecTV and I'm stuck with them unless I want to pay $350 to terminate my contract. It's up in October, I'm canceling the SECOND I can.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Well, we changed our cable, phone and internet provider for three days this month, but nothing worked right, and dh spent 30 minutes on hold with new provider, just trying to talk to someone. They never responded, so he hung up, called the old provider back, and changed it back. Sometimes the exta money is worth it.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I would go with whoever has the best rates and offers the most

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I have called and told my providers that I was considering leaving because another provider was offering a better rate. Most of the time the provider gave me a bill credit so I would stay

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Quoting alliesmom112:

I have called and told my providers that I was considering leaving because another provider was offering a better rate. Most of the time the provider gave me a bill credit so I would stay

Totally won't work with DirecTV, they'll tell you "Go ahead and leave" they REALLY don't care. I cannot understand how they still have customers and are in business. I swear next duty station I'll probably just forgo cable altogether, it's just not worth it.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

true!

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM

i hate them

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Unless you're locked into a contract. The only company screwing me over is DirecTV and I'm stuck with them unless I want to pay $350 to terminate my contract. It's up in October, I'm canceling the SECOND I can.

EbonySnow
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

we just switched homeowners insurance to save money

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I am always looking for better prices for different services.

mereinhart28
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM

every so often I will call around and see if I can get stuff cheaper with a different provider.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN