Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting frustrated & worried.. EDITED UPDATE 1 UPDATE 2

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 27 Replies

UPDAT 2: we took her in they didnt give us a def diagnosis. They gave her a nausea shot and antibiotics to kick what ever out and gave us canned food to mix w/ her dog food to get her to eat and said if shes not better in a couple days call back.

Ok so i have a german shepered she will be 1 march 3rd. Had her first heat cycle around dec 2nd done around jan 23 i think. Ok now shes been laying around alot and i put food down yesterday (friday) around noon and she ate half of what she normally does and hasnt touched it since.. im not sure if shes been drinking water since thats always down. While in heat i kept her on lock down as we dont want any puppys.. dh took her outside during the last week of it and she took off to neighbors not sure if there is a dog over there but since we've lived here since oct ive hear/seen no dogs so im not sure theres a dog over there she was done a few mins. He says nouthing happend but idk. And from my understanding its only the 2nd week of the cycle she will let another male mount so she would have been out of that time frame? But she doesnt want to eat her dog food and she has been laying around ALOT. We had chicken for lunch and she ate a couple tiny square pieces of that but not really gobled it up. So i know no ones a vet in here was just wanting opinions. I did call the vet earlier and they said im over feeding her she gets 2c. Of food 3x a day and normals eats it right up. And shes not over weight so i dont understand how id be over feeding her and since shes still technically a puppy i thought you're suppose to feed them 3x a day?

Tia :)

OK SO NOW IM FREAKING OUT ABOUT PYROMETRA OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED THAT DOGS CAN GET. I GOOGLED SOME SYMPTOMS AND WHAT NOT AND THAT CAME UP :( NOW I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN HER TO THE VET BUT THE VET DIDNT MENTION THAT COULD BE A POSSIBILITY JUST LOOKING FROM GOOGLE IS HOW I COME ABOUT THIS.

Update 1: she threw up about 15 mins ago yellow and whiteish color she has vet apt at 10. Will update when we get answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
holmes212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Shes been laying there for about an hour like this :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I feed my dog a cup in the morning and half a cup at night. Thats it.

holmes212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Even though shes a big dog and still a puppy?

Quoting Wish2Be:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting holmes212:

Even though shes a big dog and still a puppy?

Quoting Wish2Be:

Mine is a full grown whippet...so they are medium sized dogs.

CafeMom Tickers
crabbyD
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
There maybe something else up with her... It's definitely worth a visit to the vet.

We have a rottweiler and we feed her once in the morning 4-5 scoops of dry food. Our dog IS overweight we let her out to play and take her for walks but the girl is still 117lbs! We had her fixed when she was 8 months.... She's 5yo now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Which reminds me... Last time my dog was acting lethargic it turned out she had an ear infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Ya if shes not better by monday we are going to take her in.. hopefully she feels better though :/

Quoting crabbyD:

There maybe something else up with her... It's definitely worth a visit to the vet.

We have a rottweiler and we feed her once in the morning 4-5 scoops of dry food. Our dog IS overweight we let her out to play and take her for walks but the girl is still 117lbs! We had her fixed when she was 8 months.... She's 5yo now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I would deff take her in to see a vet that sounds like shes sick not pregnant, they want to eat when they are pregnant make sure she drinks at least until you can get her to a vet.

holmes212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I keep trying to get her too.. she willl eat chicken and hamburger but not the food and its the same food as shes always had and she loves it normally :/ do you think i should do like a chicken & rice or hamburger and rice mixture until we go to vet?

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I would deff take her in to see a vet that sounds like shes sick not pregnant, they want to eat when they are pregnant make sure she drinks at least until you can get her to a vet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Talk to a vet, also check on www.ehow.com
& gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)