Group Home

Searching town history online?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi ladies,

I am trying to find out if there was a lightening strike causing a death to a little boy (age 8ish) about 30-40 years ago in South Tampa, FL.

I have googled and tried to check the local paper, but their archieves online dont go back that far.

Any other ideas?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I'm not sure. Maybe you could go to a local library to find out? Their archives may go further back.

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Why are you interested in this? Just curious...you could always try your library...I saw town history and I immediately opened your post. I'm fascinated with the history of places where I have lived.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I would do the library.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Not sure you could find it online. Maybe call your local library and ask them :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Maybe city hall?

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd check the library or call the newspaper and ask if you can access their archives.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Why are you interested in this? Just curious...you could always try your library...I saw town history and I immediately opened your post. I'm fascinated with the history of places where I have lived.

A spirit saved some of our valuables when my home burned to the ground about 16 years ago. It was a home he too lived in with his family about 20-30 years earlier. Through clairvoyance we found out that he was 7 or 8 when he passed due to a lightening strike. Apparently him and his older brother got into a fight and he ran outside and thats when he was struck. He was waiting for his brother to pass before he crossed over.

CafeMom Tickers
TheMrs407
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I'm mobile, but the second link down when googled has lightning strike deaths in Fl. It's a PDF.

1970+south+tamp+fl+lightning+kills+boy
chillemi78
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I'm going to say library too. But call, there might be one location for the county/district that has the newspaper on microfilm. That way you can head in the right direction right away.
Also, you should be able to find a record of who owned the property online through tax documentation. If you can find the name of the family that lived there at the time, maybe you can find relatives. Its not all that long ago, there might be people that were there at the time. Check for names of neighboring houses too.
lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Do you have a county hall of records/deeds? I remember going to one in Plymouth, Mass once when I was little for my dad to look something up. Its all arranged by towns in that county and then by year. Deaths, births, sales of property etc etc and they allow you to photocopy for a few cents

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie