I have a weird question...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When you clean your ears, do you trigger your gag reflex?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

When my husband cleans his ears with a Q-tip, he gags. I don't mean he is grossed out by earwax, I mean he actually somehow triggers his gag reflex... through his ear. I know the ear/nose/throat are connected but I have never heard of anyone else that happens to.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
No but it makes my ear itch lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

not me or dd. cace yes but i think its more a sensory reaction

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I don't clean mine that deep. Not safe. Haven't you heard you should never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear?

aubsmom09
by Erin on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Nope

wandep
by Pam on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM

No, but I have acid reflux and went to the ent because my ear was hurting. She said that was the reason it was hurting and to take Priolsec (sp) its over the counter and you can find it in the pharmacy section of the stores....I have been taking that and believe it or not my ear stopped hurting. They say you don't need to clean your ears with a qtip anyway. I still do. I want to purchase one of those new ear cleaning tools you see on tv.

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

no, I have enough problem with my ears and infections as they are I don't need the pukey sensation to go along with it. He should go to a dr.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

never heard of it.  we dont use q tips though.. our doctor does not recommend it, because little pieces of cotton stay in your ear, we rinse ours.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I don't gag, but from time to time I feel a similar sensation in my throat.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM

nope lol

KristinRox
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My husband always has a horrible cough when he cleans his ears.. no gags though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: