Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Struggling

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  • 37 Replies
I need to change my lifestyle for health reasons but I just can find the motivation to do it. I don't have the energy to cook after work each night and I really don't have anything left in me to exercise. I have RA and lupus and just yesterday did a health screening and after fasting for 12 hours my glucose was high. Anyone have suggestions on small steps to get myself headed in the right direction?

Toby7

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taniamorse85
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Do you have a crock pot?   If so, I can give you some recipes for meals you could make in it.  This would make it a lot simpler to have meals on the table quickly and easily, and you can freeze leftovers for other days.  Also, check out this group.  There are ladies in that group with RA and lupus as well, along with various other conditions.   They may be able to recommend exercises that can help you without aggravating your symptoms.  They're also simply a great group of ladies.

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I agree.  The crock pot is your friend.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM

My DH has diabetes...its type 2. He is not medicated because he is able to control it with his diet. He basically eats a meat only diet...once a week he will have greens and vegitables. This has worked for him for over 3 years now. The diet plan the doctors gave him kept his glucose levels up and did not work. Its the only advice I can give you.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I too was going to suggest using a crock pot if you had one,
Also you could try to meal plan as that too would help.
Good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I cook a roast or chicken on Sunday and during the week I do tacos one night stir fry another etc so the meat is cooked I just have to put it together with whatever dish. Gave you looked into a stationary bike those are low impact for exercise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:59 AM
I am a diabetic. i dont get out to exercise as often as i should. when i was diagnosed i drastically changed my eating habits. i only eat meat, cheese, eggs, nuts and non starchy veggies

no fruits and no grains

i have lost 50 pounds since july.

high blood sugar is not something to fool around with. i urge you to get it under control. if exercise is difficult to find time for then change your eating. cook stuff on your day off. i also eat a lot of salads, scrambled eggs and veggies with like hummus or laughing cow cheese or even just plain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:02 AM

i am in the same boat as you. i know it feels bad doesnt it. i am going to start walking short distances and build myself up. also eating healthy foods helps. i try to eat alot of vegetables. especially the ones with iron.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Quoting Juniper53098:

I agree.  The crock pot is your friend.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I agree.Crockpot.You can make many different things and its so easy to use.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Set small goals. If cooking is what you want to change first then, yes freezer and crockpot cooking is the way to go. But just start there. Don't look to change everything at once. Get that area going and then look to the next goal.

Writing them down would be a great idea. Especially somewhere you see often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)