Smarter Style: Do you have a robe?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 69 Replies

One of the perks of going to a shamcy-fancy hotel? Yes, the mini bar is lovely, room service is pretty dang cool. Fresh sheets everyday is also quite nice. But the best perk? That fluffy white robe...and the more I think about it, the more I want a robe in to have at home.

My mom has a zip-front kind of robe. My mother-in-law wears a white, terry cloth one. My kiddo is fascinated by robes -- and she has one. Pink. Fluffy. Covered with Hello Kitty. Is kept in a special place, hanging on a hook on the back of the bathroom door. She doesn't wear it all of the time, but she loves it and is very, very proud of it. One night, she asked why I don't have a robe...which was a valid question.

I'm not sure why I don't have one...I used to have a very thin, cotton, short black one, but a) I don't know what happened to it and b) I didn't really wear it all that much. But now, I'm thinking I may want to convert to being a robe person. My choice: the fluffiest, coziest one I could find. 

So, do you have a robe? What kind is it? What kind should I get?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Sinankocaslan

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I have one but i need a better one.   The one i have now is a zip up which i do not like.  I want a soft fluffy ankle length tie robe LOL.  Is that too specific?   DD has a hooded one she loves to wear on occasion.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM

nope.. I just dont like them...

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Yes. one is terry cloth and the other is channel.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Yes. I got mine from the Waldorf-Astoria. It's big, fluffy, super super soft. I'm not a big robe person but i love this one. 

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Nope, I don't really see the point in them.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I do but I dont ever wear it

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't have a robe... I'd want something warm with a belt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I have a couple of them but rarely wear them. When I get up in the morning I'm on the go immediately and I get dressed. I have one that snaps up the front (my absolute favorite) and one that zips up the front (I hate it but DH got it for me so I can't get rid of it without hurting his feelings.) I don't like the ones that tie in front because that stupid tie is always coming loose or undone. I think you should get a pink Hello Kitty one to match your daughter's!
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I have a robe. A pink, super soft fluffy one. I wear it after a shower and that's it....till I get dressed.

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:49 AM

yes but i never use it. it's huge on me..had it when i was pregnant. lOl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: