Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Do you have a robe?

Posted by   + Show Post

One of the perks of going to a shamcy-fancy hotel? Yes, the mini bar is lovely, room service is pretty dang cool. Fresh sheets everyday is also quite nice. But the best perk? That fluffy white robe...and the more I think about it, the more I want a robe in to have at home.

My mom has a zip-front kind of robe. My mother-in-law wears a white, terry cloth one. My kiddo is fascinated by robes -- and she has one. Pink. Fluffy. Covered with Hello Kitty. Is kept in a special place, hanging on a hook on the back of the bathroom door. She doesn't wear it all of the time, but she loves it and is very, very proud of it. One night, she asked why I don't have a robe...which was a valid question.

I'm not sure why I don't have one...I used to have a very thin, cotton, short black one, but a) I don't know what happened to it and b) I didn't really wear it all that much. But now, I'm thinking I may want to convert to being a robe person. My choice: the fluffiest, coziest one I could find. 

So, do you have a robe? What kind is it? What kind should I get?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Sinankocaslan

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-69):
OrientalLily
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM
No, I don't have one. I wish I did though. When I finally get one, I'll likely get a terry cloth robe.
mereinhart28
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have one. LOVE it. super soft :) I got it a few years ago for Christmas.

JerseyGirl511
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I have a zip front navy blue with snowflakes fleece robe.  I only use a robe in the winter.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Yes I have 2 actually. one is longer and heavier, for winter. the other is shorter and light for spring.. both are joeboxer and both Igot from Kmart, my spring one came with a night gown.

bookworm14
by Mandy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I have just a basic black, thin material short robe. I bought a matching nightie with it. I usually just wear it when getting out of the shower to go the 3 feet from the bathroom to my bedroom to get dressed....don't need my boyfriend's 11-yr old son come walking down the hallway at an inopportune time! Otherwise, I wouldn't wear one.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Omg yes dh got it for me for Xmas and I so love it !!!! It's a pink fleece Victoria's Secret one I highly recommend it you will never want to take it off !!

bmw29
by Bobbie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I have about 4 or 5 of them.

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Yes I have soft greenish blue robe! Its is very soft and comfy! Thank you for sharing.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I have a white one but never wear itit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)