Smarter Health: New music I’m digging

Posted by   + Show Post

I listen to music a lot....as does my kiddo. Though she's only five (and three-quarters), Kiddo is becoming a bit of a music aficionado. Okay, okay, she loves Carly Rae Jepsen and "Call Me Maybe" is a popular choice, but she also loves discovering new favorites -- and plays them over and over and over again. So what is a mom to do? This mom makes sure she likes the new bands and their songs just as much as the kiddo...so here's what I've ben introducing my daughter to (and downloading onto my iPhone).

Imagine Dragons --  Cool alt-rock band that we jam to while getting ready for school. More rock than The Lumineers, less pop than Maroon 5, my favorite track we have found is "It's Time." Watch the video here on You Tube and check out their Facebook page.

The Mowgli's -- Again, another rockin' group with an edge, some buds from Southern California joined musical forces and started the band. I could totally listen to "Carry My Will" for at least three hours out of the day, straight. It just gets me motivated -- listen to it here and I'm sure they would love it if you follow them on Facebook too.

Pitch Perfect soundtrack -- Yup, the tunes from the 2012 movie. I liked the film, but I LOVE the music from it. Anna Kendrick's "Cups" song is pretty amazing, and Kiddo has taken to learning all of the words to the "Pool Mashup: Just The Way You Are/Just A Dream."  If you love Glee or just cool new versions of songs you have heard before, then this is a must for you. Check out clips here on iTunes.

What new tunes are you listening to these days?

©iStockphoto.com/ Cinek20

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (71-77):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

haven't heard that one.  thanks for sharing.  still love old school depeche mode better though.

Quoting aneela:

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

its their new stuff...and yes i love classic DM

Quoting lizzig:

haven't heard that one.  thanks for sharing.  still love old school depeche mode better though.

Quoting aneela:

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Not really anything new..We bought our girls MP3 players, so my 16 year old has been downloading music to them..It's funny when the youngest 2 didn't have one, they bugged their sister's about using theirs. Now that they have one, it's been lucky to get 4 hours of use so far..But the silence on the car trip is going to be TOTALLY worth it..lol

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I like the Mowgli's, thanks for sharing your find. 

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I only listen to oldies. I was amazed at how few of the grammy nominees I had never heard of.

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thanks for the info! I will have to check these out! I have been listening to a little bit of everything from the past and present. Thanks for sharing.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM

i listen to everything i will have to check those out thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: