Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can Someone Help Me with My TV? *Problem FIXED* :0)

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

I have cable in the living room. Only room in the house with Cable. Early this morning my son touched a button ( I don't know what one) and I can't get it to connect. The input buttons I've played with and it constantly says no signal however the Cable box is lit. I really don't think this is a Cable issue-I think he hit a button. My dad came over and he can't figure it out either. ugh!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Did he touch a button on the tv or the remote.  I know that our remote has 5 uttons at the top "aux", "dvd", "vcr", "tv" and "cbl".  These inevitably get pushed all the time and it screws things up.  If your remote has those, then try pushing each one to see which one puts things back to normal for you.  Ours has to be set to "aux" because of all our home theater and sound systems.  Yours just might need to be reset to "cbl" for cable.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM

If it was a button on your tv, what kind of tv do you have,  I can ask df if he might have any suggestions.

You say you've played with the hdmi buttons.  Did you try each hdmi location...ie. hdmi1, hdmi2, ect?

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no! If you call the cable customer service they might be able to guide you in the right direction.

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

zenith flat screen :(

Quoting specialwingz:

If it was a button on your tv, what kind of tv do you have,  I can ask df if he might have any suggestions.

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I hit the input button on the remote and tried every single option and it won't connect. The cable box is blue so it's on. When I hit HDMI2 it says 'connecting' then nothing.

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

is it on the correct channel to get the cable? that's happened to us before

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

He wants to know what model #, if possible.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

zenith flat screen :(

Quoting specialwingz:

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

From the cable box to the tv, which input on the tv is it connected to?

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I hit the input button on the remote and tried every single option and it won't connect. The cable box is blue so it's on. When I hit HDMI2 it says 'connecting' then nothing.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

first check that all the cables in the back are connected. second make sure your tv sourse is on hdtv or tv. third if none of this helps, go to the cable box and press the on botton, keep it pressed for about 5 seconds it should re-boot. if it dosent, then go to the back and disconnect both the antenna cable and the electric cable and reconnect and see.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

thats hdmi.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)