Group Home

Vasectomys (TMI)

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 28 Replies
For those of you that their Husbands or SO have had this surgery how hard was it on them? We are taking our tax money and getting this done. I know he will miss a few days work because of the no lifting but was the pain bad etc?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Count on a full wk 7 days down plus. depending on what your doc says. It wasn't bad the recovery time for my dh.. he felt ok just after a few days :)

michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My DH has had 2.  The first one was bad because he was told to take Motrin before the surgery, and Motrin is a blood thinner...so he had complications.  The second surgery was outpatient surgery.  Both surgeries were done on Friday.  He went back to work at his factory driving forklifts the following Wednesday after the 1st surgery and Tuesday following the 2nd surgery.  I strongly recommend ice packs, Tylenol, and let him decide when it's okay to resume activity around the house.  The pain will tell him when.

lwalker270
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting krise:

Count on a full wk 7 days down plus. depending on what your doc says. It wasn't bad the recovery time for my dh.. he felt ok just after a few days :)

This.

We made sure to stock up on lots of frozen peas.  He was uncomfortable, but up and around after a couple of days.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Yuriko_chan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

My hubs had to take a week off of work. He work a jock strap for 3 days and was laid out on the couch for a few days. When he did go out, he complained a lot. But after that first week, he was feeling a lot better. But we couldn't even think about having sex for about 3 weeks. And his testicles were so bruised. They just looked painful.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

My DH got a week off of work. He was sore, but it wasn't the end of the world. The really important thing is for the first day or 2 don't let him do ANYTHING. He should be a slug on the couch for those 2 days. After that, light duty.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Dh was off for a couple of days, he did fine, just took his pain meds and kept it iced.

aubsmom09
by Erin on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Here is a bump for you, DH hasn't had one.

Nichole0403
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I believe my husband only took off a couple days. During the procedure he wasn't put under just had a light sedative, the docs thought he was crazy. He didn't want to do much of anything for about two days, after that he took it easy such as not lifting for a week or 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM

DH was back to bormal of bad pain in two days but there was residual pain for a month

momkaribg
by Kari on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM
My DH works as a estimator for a roofing company and he has to carry heavy ladders all day and I'm thinking he might need more than a week off. We are just trying to figure out everything lol

Quoting krise:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys